Archive for the ‘Maya’ tag
As part of .2 update of PhysX SDK and APEX toolset, NVIDIA has released new 3.0.2 version of the PhysX DCC plug-ins for 3ds Max and Maya.
Among other changes and bug-fixes, plug-ins are also supporting 3ds Max 2015 and Maya 2015.
|PhysX Plug-in 3.0.2 for 3ds Max: Release Notes|
- New Features
- Improve Destruction performance.
- Fix Parature Ticket: Paint Mode – Ignore Backface not workin in Orthographic View.
- Fix DE9855 by not exporting chunks with zero volume.
- Fix a crash when there are more than 12 simulation sets.
- Fix: Apex Clothing paint crash.
- Fix Parature Ticket: PhysXModRBInterface, how do one access concave/composite shape type meshes.
- Fix Parature Ticket: How to make it work with concave physical shape.
- Destruction – Fix the crash when children nodes have less texture than parent chunk.
- Fix Bug #10117: Max crashes when adding child chunks to a destructible.
- Fix Bug #10063: Export panel allows export with no options selected.
- Fix a crash with invalid nodes when reading clothing type collision shape.
NVIDIA has released an updated 3.0.1 version of the PhysX DCC plug-ins for 3ds Max and Maya.
|PhysX Plug-in 3.0.1 for 3ds Max: Release Notes|
- New Features
- Fix: crash which happens when quiting 3ds Max with a biped Ragdoll scene.
- Fix: bug that Clothing simulates wrong at first frame when system scale is not 1.
- Fix: bug with APEX Debug Visualizer parameters.
- Fix: bug that when LOD1 is default LOD, it may not allow to add another new LOD.
- Fix: bug that Physical Mesh rollout could be too small when it is Custom type.
- Fix: few bugs with Physical Mesh rollout of Clothing Modifier.
- Fix: crash when loading .Rag files.
- Fix: SDK warning message when it fails to output on unicode build because missing one virtual function.
- Fix: Clothing Velocity control via Script.
- Improve the simulation of dynamic ragdolls.
- Make a switch to SDK 3 if creating APEX objects.
- Support SkinMapActual for APEX Clothing visulaizer.
- Improve sub-material handling based on Bug #9515: Getting multiple materials when coming back from PhysXLab to 3ds Max.
- Make Destruction exports Tangent and Binormal with UE3 and APEX 1.3
- Avoid extra scale (in PhysX Panel dialog) to be zero.
- Improve debug render scale handling.
However, in comparison to the major 1.x -> 2.x rewrite, round “3.0″ version number has not brought any significant changes to PhysX plug-ins – remaining 2.9.x digits were simply reserved for possible APEX 1.2.x branch updates.
And if you have missed latest additions to PhysX plug-ins, like introduction of the APEX Destruction authoring pipeline, you can check it here.
|PhysX Plug-in 3.0 for 3ds Max: Release Notes|
- Using APEX 1.3.0, SDK 3.3.0 (SDK 2.8 is not supported any more).
- Deprecated UI for SDK 2x.
- Avoid generating multiple materials when they are with the same parameters.
- Destruction: Behavior Groups Management.
- Fix: Wrong volume calculation issue in Rigid body.
- Make exporter dialog from File -> Export also support .Apx and .Apb.
- Fix: TetherStiffness range. Set tetherStiffness to 1.0 – relax just as ClothingTool uses 1.0 – mTetherStretchiness.
- Fix: 2 UI updating issue introduced in CL 9122.
- Fix: Hammer icon.
- Some fixes for debug render in fast viewer.
- Fix: Apex render after rewind scene in ccViewer.
- Fix: Menu bug with Forces part.
- Fix: Kinematic animation in fast viewer for non-integer start frame.
- Sort bone list by name, improve bone indices in clothing asset.
- Fix: After painting on lod, lod node will fail to restore previous shading mode.
- Fix: LOD crash bug – switching lod during simulation crashes max.
- Fix: Wrong exporter file name like “C:\export\nc.PxProj.PXPROJ”.
- Fix: Fast viewer for precision sensitive Domino sample case.
- Fix: InitialSwing issue with SnailGames’ sample.
New PhysX DCC plug-ins for 3ds Max and Maya are now available for public download.
Both 2.91 plug-ins contain usuall set of bug-fixes and minor improvements, however, 3ds Max version also presents some interesting new features.
One of them is the integrated APEX Destruction module authoring pipeline (previously only available via PhysXLab), which allows artists to create, tweak and test destructible assets right inside 3ds Max.
Another one is so-called Simulation Sets – basically, an advanced collision filtering feature, which works for rigid bodies and cloth objects.
Updated PhysX plug-ins – 2.89.00313 for 3ds Max and Maya – are now available for download.
Update [7/17/2013]: Plug-ins version 2.89.00705 for 3ds Max and Maya released. Please see the Release Notes below.
Update #2: 2.91 PhysX plug-ins are available
|2.89.00313 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max: Release Notes|
- Updated PhysX 2.8.5 and 3.2.3
- Updated APEX 1.2.3
- Fix GPU Simulation Disabled bug when choosing HW mode.
- Fix qs tangent space issue.
2.89.00705 Update Release Notes
- Support 3ds Max 2014.
- Exporting material names when exporting PhysX scene.
- Support making dummies as constraint directly via toolbar or menu.
Updated versions of PhysX plug-ins for 3ds Max and Maya, 2.88.00227 and 2.88.00222 respectively, are now available for download.
Update: 2.89 PhysX plug-ins released
|2.88.00227 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max: Release Notes|
- Updated PhysX 2.8.5 and 3.2.2
- Updated APEX 1.2.2
- Make 3.x SDK as default.
- Support exporting without prompt dialog.
- Rigid Body: expose script support for clothing type shape, radius bone and type.
- Fix for the crash when 3ds Max Loading if mParticles installed. Also fix the crash when opening a file with mCloth/mParticles content.
- Fix a bug, if a scene contains a ragdoll, and open the viewer, max will crash when exit.
- Fix clothing baking script issue, making pxBakeClothing() work.
- Fix capsule collision with clothing in 3x mode.
- Fix the bug ‘Pick Ragdoll Shapes’ dialog doesn’t work under 2.8.
- Fix material and submesh parsing issue for a specific user.
- Fix the bug save the num of ContactAgent with a size_t value.
- Fix on a crash defect in weld algorithm.
- Fix the Bug translating the mesh of a ragdoll in an old file will have doubled translation.
- Fix Global scaling support.
- Fix a bug 1745-8317534: Projection mode is not exported correctly to the RepX XML format.
- Fix Bug #7190: PhysX 3.x connect sphere issue disable in Max 2009 SP1.
- Fix Bug #7192: Backstop forces See-through mode.
- Fix Bug #5747: Script error when using “Pick source object” on original object.
- Fix Bug #5869: Color of rigid body does not differ for kinematic/dynamic ragdoll.
- Fix Bug #7199: button missing from Root translation dialog.
NVIDIA has released an updated set of PhysX plug-ins for 3ds Max and Maya, versioned as 2.87.01125.
Update: 2.88 PhysX plug-ins are available.
|2.87.01125 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max: Release Notes|
- Updated PhysX 2.8.x and 3.2.1
- Updated APEX 1.2.1
- Regenerate does not work on selected nodes.
- Bone fins create collision shapes on RB ragdoll/RB creation.
- Fast Previewer doesn’t simulate for LOD 1.
- Convex cooking bugs with default cooking library which generates best hull. Convex vertex limit is now disabled.
- Statistics is not refreshed after creating new clothing.
- Contact report not working with PhysX engine 3.2.
- CoreDump uses wrong file name.
- Crashes on file load.
- Script bug with 3ds Max 2009, related to FBX version check.
- L2N does not save-load properly.
- Fix CCD bug. Release NXU Persistent Memory, including CCD skeleton etc.
- Fix 3dsMax repx unit export problem.
- Fix Global scaling support.
New DCC PhysX plug-ins for 3ds Max (2.86.00806) and Maya (2.86.00820) are finishing the line of updated content creation tools, accompanying the APEX 1.2 release.
Update: 2.87 PhysX plug-in are released
One of the most import features of this new plug-ins is the introduction of the authoring pipeline for new PhysX 3 clothing solver (more details in our APEX 1.2 overview and this SIGGRAPH presentation), however, other improvements are present as well.
|2.86.00806 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max: Release Notes|
3ds max plug-in is supporting both new embedded clothing solver (PhysX 3.x) and old 2.8.4 cloth – one can switch between the two using [PhysX Tools] > [Engine] > [Use PhysX engine] option.
Although basic principles of clothing authoring between two solvers are the same (painting cloth constraints and attributes, setting ragdoll skeleton, etc), lesser details and settings are quite different.
We are expecting updated tutorials on PhysX 3 clothing authoring process to be revealed soon.
NVIDIA has released updated PhysX plug-ins of 2.7 branch – 2.72.0421 for 3ds Max (2012 - 2009) and 2.72.0511 for Maya (2013 – 2009).
Please Note: 3ds Max 2013 is supported only by 2.85 PhysX plug-in, due to significant compatibility changes in 3ds Max SDK.
Update: new 2.72.0601 plug-in for 3ds Max is now available. Plug-in is temporarily located at Developer Support Center.
|2.72 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max: Release Notes|
- APEX 1.1 update for LOD fixes.
- APEX Clothing now exporting collision shapes once per asset instead of once per LOD.
- APEX Clothing fix physical mesh visualization bug.
- APEX Clothing Latch To Nearest system now only support 30 instead of 32 channels.
- Fix crash when attempt to generate composite mesh on problematic geometry.
- Removed friction max clamp on rigid body.
- Fix RayFire bug – some convex fails to simulate.
- Pop-up previewer fixes for textures usage crashes.
Following presentations were held as part of NVIDIA Game Technology Theather event on March 7.
First one is called “3ds Max with MassFX” and was presented by Chris Murray from Autodesk.
Update: recording is now available on YouTube
This talk was mostly focused on features under development, that are expected to be added in future versions of MassFX, like mCloth – new clothing simulation solution.
mCloth is supposed to provide stable two-way interaction with rigid bodies, probably utilize GPU acceleration, support user-controlled tearing (through vertex selection) and include some interesting pressure simulation for balloon-like behaviour (for example, if you have holes in your mesh, balloon will deflate).