New 2.61 PhysX plug-in released, supports 3ds Max 2012

After multiple delays and postponements, NVIDIA has finally released updated version of PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max2.61.0906.0900

Update [20.09.2011]: updated PhysX plug-in 2.61.0916.1330 for 3ds Max is available (supports 3ds Max 2009-2012). This version includes bug fixes for several problems one may encounter, like crashes while using APEX Clothing functionality in 3ds Max 2012.

Update #2: 2.7 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max released

New major 2.7 version of the PhysX plug-in is still in development, so this minor 2.6+ release is supposed to resolve compability issues with RayFire, and also add support for 3ds Max 2012. In this case, plug-in installs above default MassFX simulation tool, replacing it and providing additional features, like support for APEX Clothing (and if you’ll uninstall PhysX plug-in, MassFX will be restored).

No information yet on other fixes (since Release Notes are missing), but we were promised to recieve soon.

PhysX plug-in 2.61 for 3ds Max (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 – 32-and 64-bit versions) and 3ds Max Design (2010, 2011, 2012 – 32-and 64-bit versions) is available for download at Developer Support Center.

You can find it in following section: [Online Support] -> [Downloads] -> [APEX] -> [APEX DCC Clothing Plugins].

If you are experiencing trouble with registration of PhysX Developer account, please refer to our registration guide.

Update [20.09.2011]: In addition, new PhysX plug-in 2.61.0916.1700 for Maya was also released.

You can download 2.61 PhysX plug-in for Maya (Maya 2009 – 2012, 32-and 64-bit versions) at Developer Support Center.

September 9th, 2011 at 4:07 am

Posted in PhysX Tools

Tagged with , , , ,

41 Responses to 'New 2.61 PhysX plug-in released, supports 3ds Max 2012'

1. Jonas: and the problem still occurs

Well, that’s bad.
    Any chance you have competitive PhysX software installed ? Previous version of PhysX plug-in, PF Box #2, HairFX ?

Zig: But Max Distance channel colors are not same as they are shown in the tutorials.

Not a big deal, if you ask me) But I’ll forward that

21 Sep 11 at 1:36 am

2. If they changed colors i do not mind that. Unless Channel functions are mixed up

Zig

21 Sep 11 at 2:04 am

3. sorry to say, but no.
    I did a install here at work just now, uninstalling the old physX plugin, and installing …1330
    Other than that we use standard PFlow, and no HairFX.
    Is there anything else that could be interfering with the plugin?

Jonas

21 Sep 11 at 10:30 am

4. @Jonas

Try’ed Max 2011×64 SP1 and all mesh types work fine for me on my end (simple sphere bouncing off box)

I do not think particle flow box 2 use this plugin (yet)

Try clean install

Zig

21 Sep 11 at 11:35 am

5. @Jonas
    If it is not to inconvenient, can you try without Particle Flow installed? It may be a PhysX DLL version clash with PFlow. We think we have this fixed in 2.7 which will be out very soon. But I can’t be certain just from the basic description.

(QUOTE)

6. Hey, Jonas, could you please send your e-mail to ?
    I’ll provide it PhysX team so they can contact you directly.

21 Sep 11 at 9:12 pm

7. sure i can do that, but how do i go about doing it?
    It is the standard pflow we have, the one that ships with max, not pFlow box 2.

Jonas

21 Sep 11 at 9:21 pm

8. Jonas: It is the standard pflow we have, the one that ships with max, not pFlow box 2

I believe they want to check if all PhysX .dll’s are loaded properly and are not conflicting on your PC, so they’ll ask your to provide some details.

As you understand, I can’t reveal e-mails without user permission. So if want your problem to be fixed – better to cooperate.

21 Sep 11 at 9:32 pm

9. Ah, didn’t see your post about the mail request in between there :P
    A mail has been sent, and hoping for a resolution in this matter.

Jonas

21 Sep 11 at 9:47 pm

10. Jonas: Ah, didn’t see your post about the mail request in between there

That’s why usage of quotes is strongly recommended.

Hope your issue will be resolved)

21 Sep 11 at 10:00 pm

11. It looks like it is a DLL conflict with the 3rd party plugin “Thinking Particles”. We have a fix for this in 2.7 which will be available shortly. In the mean time Jonas found that if you can live with using Thinking Particles without the PhysX option(on install) then he could still use both for now.

12. [email protected]
    Thanks for update)

23 Sep 11 at 1:05 am

13. i have an account on that site but i cant find the plugin for the 3DS max physx 2.61 Plugin i cant find it please help me i really need it

contact me if you can help me please

mohamed

4 Oct 11 at 5:39 pm

14. mohamed: cant find the plugin for the 3DS max physx 2.61

Yes, it may be tricky for the first time. I’ve explained it previously, click here

4 Oct 11 at 6:19 pm

15. I have physx on two machines. One have thinking particles plugin and is 64 bot the other one is 32 bit without thinking particles. The 64 bit machine gives me error ,,uknown exception” and doesnt simulate anything. The 32 bit machine I owe works fine. I read on some other forums it seems there is an issue with the compatibility betewwn TP and physx.

Seba

4 Oct 11 at 6:54 pm

16. Seba: I read on some other forums it seems there is an issue with the compatibility betewwn TP and physx

Yep. We hope that 2.7 plug-in will fix that.

4 Oct 11 at 7:33 pm

17. Any way for the work around? I mean if I would uninstall physx and try to install it again is there any way I could make it work? I really don’t want to uninstall TP and I need physx for the rayfire

Seba

4 Oct 11 at 7:44 pm

18. Seba: Any way for the work around?

How about to install TP without PhysX engine, as Daniel suggested above ?

“In the mean time Jonas found that if you can live with using Thinking Particles without the PhysX option(on install) then he could still use both for now.”

4 Oct 11 at 7:54 pm

19. I will definitely try that later. Will post effect on the forum if this will work

Seba