Original NVIDIA PhysX Fluid Demo is nice indeed, but it is not using fluid simulation to it’s full potential – there is only two scenes, level geometry is way too basic and water flow is too simple.
That’s why our fellow reader, known as AquaGeneral, desided to pimp Fluid Demo a little, buy replacing original models and, thus, providing more interesting usage of fluid sim.
[08.01.2011] Update: new model – “Two Story Building” – available. Mod reuploaded.
Update #2: If you want to create custom level to yourself, please refer to PhysX Fluid Demo Modding Guide.
Three new variants of initial “Pumping Station or something” scene were added:
1 – “Building”
2 – “Pool”
3 – “Two Story Building”
1) Install original Nvidia PhysX Fluid Demo. Please note that you need PhysX System Software to be installed too.
2) Download Fluids Mod.zip from our server (180 kb. Direct download links won’t work).
Note: virustotal report - 100% clear
3) Extract the zip archive to “\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA PhysX\Demos\Fluids“ folder
- Overwrite the two texture files, “corridor.bmp” and “corridor_n.bmp” – this is necessary because new models weren’t designed to be textured.
- Copy “Scene” folders content and replace them over the original “corridor_new.obj” and “corridor_new_collision.obj” files. Only one new model can be used at the time.
Note: since Fluid Mod is replacing original files, don't forget to back up them firstly.
You may notice some artefacts at the beggining of the simulation, but this is normal.
Don’t forget that you can use “1″ key to interrupt the emitter (and prevent older particles from being deleted), and, thus, observe water flowing through the whole level.