NVIDIA has officially released 1.2.0 version of the FleX particle based simulation library.
New release includes various fixes and improvements, such as better support for softbody simulation and asynchronous compute API.
|NVIDIA FLEX SDK 1.2.0: Release Notes|
- Improved collision against moving shapes, solver now correctly interpolates shape transforms for substeps
- Improved Linux support, removed GLUT/GLEW dependencies
- New API for adding soft-joints (dynamic shape-matching constraints) via. the extensions API, see NvFlexExtCreateSoftJoint()
- New API to retrieve particle neighbor information, see NvFlexGetNeighbors()
- New API to support shape collision filtering, collision channels can be assigned to particles and shapes to specify which pairs collide, see NvFlexPhase
- New API to support per-shape plastic deformation, it is now possible to specify plastic creep and threshold coefficient on a per-shape basis (previous global settings), see NvFlexSetRigids()
- New API to selectively disable solver features, this can lead to improved performance, see NvFlexFeatureMode, replaces global FlexParams::fluid option
- New API change, NvFlexUpdateTriangleMesh() now takes vertices with 16-byte stride to remove CPU synchronization step in D3D implementations
- Fix for NvFlexParams::anisotropyScale, this change improves the fitting of ellipsoids to fluid particle distributions, it should now typically be left at 1.0
- Fix for NvFlexGetTimers() reporting incorrect values on D3D12
- Fix for vsync in D3D12
- Fix for crash when using Flex with NVIDIA driver 384.76
- Fix for unnecessary synchronization when calling NvFlexMap() on a device buffer
- Fix numerical precision for shape-matching constraints with large coordinates
- Fix for uninitialized contact indices returned from NvFlexGetContacts() if NvFlexUpdateSolver() has not been called
- Fix for SDF collision in D3D12
- Fix for free after delete in CUDA when using SDFs
- Fix for D3D warning when using NvFlexSetRigids()
- Add D3D12 rendering support to the demo
- Add support for device NvFlexBuffers on D3D
- Enable NvToolkit profiling zones so to provide annotations in NSight profiles by default, this requires nvToolsExt64_1.dll be present
FleX 1.2.0 source code branch can be accessed at github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/FleX.
Please Note that you’ll require an approved GitHub account, as described here.