NVIDIA has revealed new bug-fixing release of the PhysX SDK 3.x – PhysX SDK 3.2.4
Update: PhysX SDK 3.3 Closed Beta Testing begins
Update: PhysX SDK 3.2.5 available
|PhysX SDK 3.2.4 – Release Notes|
- Fixed a bug which caused actors to return wrong world bounds if the bounds minimum was above 10000 on any axis.
- Reporting allocation names can now be enabled or disabled (see PxFoundation::setReportAllocationNames). When enabled, some platforms allocate memory through ‘malloc’.
- eEXCEPTION_ON_STARTUP is removed from PxErrorCode and it is no longer needed.
- Added boilerplate.txt to the Tools folder. SpuShaderDump.exe and clang.exe require it.
- PxWindowsDelayLoadHook.h has been moved from Include/foundation/windows to Include/common/windows.
- PxScene::saveToDesc now reports the bounceThresholdVelocity value.
- Fixed a bug in PxDefaultSimulationFilterShader: the value of the second filter constant in the collision filtering equation was ignored and instead the value of the first filter constant was used.
- Fixed a crash bug in PCM collision.
- Forces applied to bodies (with PxRigidBody::addForce) that go to sleep in the subsequent update now have their applied forces cleared when the body is set to sleep to avoid them being applied in a later update when the body is once more awake. This bug broke the rule that forces applied with PxRigidBody::addForce do not persist beyond the next scene update.
- PxCookingParams constructor is now marked as deprecated. PxToleranceScale is needed for PxCookingParams in order to perform additional triangle check during cooking. This triangle check will trigger warning if too huge triangles are used. This check will ensure better simulation stability.
- Added PxScene::forceDynamicTreeRebuild() function to immediately rebuild the scene query structures.
- Fixed assert in debug mode that wrongly asserted when an overlap pair was removed with perfect equality between the min of one bound and the max of the other along at least one axis.
- PxControllerFilterCallback has been added, to make CCT-vs-CCT filtering more flexible.
- Fixed a bug where PxControllerBehaviorCallback was not called when a PxUserControllerHitReport was not defined.
- PxObstacle notifications has been added to handle touched obstacles.
- Touched PxObstacle has been replaced by touched ObstacleHandle.
- PxObstacleContext::getObstacleByHandle has been added.
- Touched actors scene is checked before ride on shape, to ensure valid touched shape.
- Touched shape scene query flag is checked before ride on shape, to ensure valid touched shape.
- Touched shape user CCT filtering is triggered before ride on shape, to ensure valid touched shape.
- Documented potential problem with PxVehicleWheelsDynData::getTireDrivableSurfaceType() and PxVehicleWheelsDynData::getTireDrivableSurfaceShape() whereby the pointer returned may reference a PxShape or PxMaterial that has been released in-between storing the pointer in PxVehicleUpdates and any subsequent query.
- PxVehicleWheelsSimData::disableWheel has been documented in more detail. PxVehicleWheelsSimData::enableWheel has been added.
- Fixed a bug where the denominator of the longitudinal slip calculation didn’t take into account the value of PxTolerancesScale::length. This will only have an impact if PxTolerancesScale::length != 1.0f.
- Fixed a bug where the engine torque would be incorrectly applied if PxTolerancesScale::length != 1.0f. This will only have an impact if PxTolerancesScale::length != 1.0f.
- Fixed a non-deterministic crash appearing with rigid bodies using CCD and gpu particles in the same scene.
PhysX SDK 3.2.4 can be downloaded through Developer Support Center.
If you are experiencing troubles with registration, please refer to our registration guide.