PhysX Control Panel
From PhysX Wiki
PhysX Control Panel (Ageia/NVIDIA PhysX Properties Panel) is a part of NVIDIA Control Panel (currently) or dedicated application (previously), that allows users to specify how NVIDIA GPUs are organized for PhysX calculations, and select hardware PhysX acceleration mode.
Using PhysX Control Panel user can:
- Disable hardware PhysX acceleration on driver side.
- "Select a PhysX Processor > CPU" (previously, "PhysX > Disabled")
- In this case, extra GPU PhysX effects will be calculated on CPU.
This switch is related only to hardware acceleration feature. You can not switch off or disable software PhysX engine.
- Enable hardware PhysX acceleration on driver side and select, which GPU will be responsible for PhysX calculation.
- "Select a PhysX Processor:.. GPU model" ((previously, "PhysX > Enabled on.."))
- You can dedicate one GPU fully to PhysX processing.
Enabled GPU PhysX acceleration won't affect CPU PhysX games on non-PhysX SDK based games.
- "Auto-select" mode will always try to use GPU (dedicated has a priority) in applications with GPU PhysX support, otherwise, CPU will be utilized.
Previously, PhysX Control Panel from NVIDIA has existed in form of standalone application (installed with PhysX System Software), with almost same functionality.
PhysX Control Panel for Ageia PhysX PPU, however, in addition allowed to perform PPU diagnostics.