Archive for October, 2014
Following the PhysX SDK 3.3.2 release, updated APEX SDK 1.3.2 is available for download.
Update March 2015: Bug-fixing APEX SDK 3.3.3 release is available.
Despite the minor version number, APEX 1.3.2 includes numerous additions to Destruction and Particles modules.
|APEX SDK 1.3.2: Release Notes|
APEX Framework 1.3.2
- Added NVTX profiling support for non-release builds. Traces can be captured using Parallel Nsight Analysis Tools. NVTX is supported only for Windows and Android.
- Added ability to change render resource lock behavior or disable locking altogether, to improve performance. The setting is per module. See NxModule::setRenderLockMode and NxApexRenderLockMode.
- Added ability to disable potentially expensive stat collection if it’s not needed. See NxApexSDK::setEnableApexStats.
- Fixed crash if application creates APEX SDK after already connecting to PVD.
New PhysX SDK 3.3.2 release is available for download.
Update March 2015: Bug-fixing PhysX SDK 3.3.3 release is available. Release Notes.
Windows, Linux, OS X, Android and iOS builds are now available for free with source code.
Among various bug-fixes, this version also features support for GPU acceleration on Linux platform (CUDA-capable devices only) and reworked documentation.
|PhysX SDK 3.3.2: Release Notes|
- The PhysXCommon/64.dll, nvcuda.dll and PhysXUpdateLoader/64.dll are loaded and checked for the NVIDIA Corporation digital signature. The signature is expected on all NVIDIA Corporation provided dlls. The application will exit if the signature check fails.
- Added the PxDefaultBufferedProfiler extension for simplified SDK profile events extraction.
- PxSceneDesc::sanityBounds allows a bounding box to be set for validating the position coordinates of inserted or updated rigid actors and articulations.
- Linux: Now supports GPU PhysX.
- Added set/getRunProfiled() for PxDefaultCpuDispatcher to control profiling at task level.
- Android: Support for x86 based devices was added.
- PxProfileEventHandler::durationToNanoseconds() added. Translates event duration in timestamp (cycles) into nanoseconds.
- Added SnippetProfileZone to show how to retrieve profiling information.
- Added SnippetCustomJoint to better illustrate custom joint implementation, and removed SnippetExtension.
- Added SnippetStepper to demonstrate kinematic updates while substepping with tasks.
- Significant revision of the user’s guide. Both structure and most content have been modified.
- PxTask::runProfiled() now takes threadId as a parameter.
- The static pruner now issues a performance warning in debug and checked configurations when a tree rebuild occurs and the tree is not empty.
- PxSceneDesc::staticStructure now defaults to PxPruningStructure::eDYNAMIC_AABB_TREE.
- Linux: Switched to shared libraries.
- Profile zone event names changed to match function calls.
- Overlapping read/write errors will now issue a PxErrorCode::eINVALID_OPERATION rather than PxErrorCode::eDEBUG_INFO.
- Improved SnippetToleranceScale to better demonstrate the intended use case.
- Increased 126 characters limit for warnings on unix platforms, 1k limit on all platforms.
- PhysXCommon dll load within PhysX dll now respects dll name. Please see the manual’s PhysXCommon DLL load section.
- Fixed search function of user’s guide.
- Foundation math classes now have in-place arithmetic operators (+= etc).
- Indexing operators taking signed integers in PxVec3, PxVec4, PxMat33, PxMat44, PxStrideIterator have been deprecated.