Hybrid PhysX mod 1.02: 195.xx drivers and Win XP support

GenL has released updated mod for hybrid PhysX systems – now it works with recent 195.xx GeForce drivers and supports Windows XP/2003

UPDATE: Hybrid PhysX mod 1.03 released – with timebomb fix and lastest drivers support.

- added support for new checks in 195.xx drivers
- added support for XP/2003 drivers
- both x86 and x64 are supported by a single mod now

Notes about the mod:
- Both x86 and x64 are supported by a single file now. If you are using x86 OS, you should just skip patching 64-bit binaries (press No when asked for a search).
- Don’t forget that you must be able to access nvidia control panel. For this connect nvidia GPU to the second input port of your monitor – physically or virtually (i don’t know if this is possible), or any other way you find. There are community-generated tutorials for this, i can’t tell anything because i own only 1 GPU.
- Lite version may come later, if needed. Additionally, i can fix errors if you find them and release it with an update.

Notes about XP/2003 support:
- Only 195.62 drivers are tested for XP/2003 case. I can’t say anything about earlier versions, i didn’t even try them.
- It should work for XP/2003 x64 editions too, would be great if anyone will confirm.
- It will work for 2000 only if original XP/2003 package supports it.

You can download PhysX mod 1.02 directly from our server (not available) *

Mirror #1 (thanks to Alexandr82)

Update #2: 1.02 mod is working with new 196.21 drivers.

Update #4: 1.02 mod may not work properly with 196.75/197.xx drivers, users are also reporting incompatibility with 9.10.0222 PhysX System Software.

In addition, original post contains mod for PhysX drivers 9.09.30, that allows to use original Ageia PPU with ATI cards.

Please use commentaries to this post or thread at NGHQ forums to report errors, if they’ll occur. Reports with positive results are also appreciated.

Update: Installation instructions – Link#1 | Link#2 | Link#3 (Please note that most of them refer to old PhysX mod 1.01 – use 1.02 mod instead, download link above) | Link#4 | Link#5 (video guide) | Link#6 (specific details) | Link#7 (Italian video guide) | Link#8 | Link#9 (detailed) <- it’s recommended to start from newer links.

Hybrid PhysX systems benchmarks: HD4870/5870+9500/9600GT | HD4850/5750+9800GT | HD5870+GT220 | 2xHD5870 + 9800GT | HD5870/GTX285 + 9800GT

Dedicated PhysX GPU performance dependence on PCI-E bandwidth

Update #3: Catalyst 10.2 and extended display error fix – in addition, you’ll be able to use dedicated NV GPU for PhysX without necessity to extend display.

* PhysXinfo is not responcible for any harm this file can cause to your system. Use it for your own risk.

November 29th, 2009 at 2:07 am

Posted in Hybrid PhysX

Tagged with , , ,

55 Responses to 'Hybrid PhysX mod 1.02: 195.xx drivers and Win XP support'

1. Thank you for the link.. im not angry about it.

Works nice, but the problems i gained after downloading it twice from doing clean OS install with orginal windows cd. i just had to report it. and when i scan it the rar file, it finds a trojan.. kind of strange all this happen just after using this file.

Cheers TR!XX!T

TR!XX!T

12 Apr 10 at 9:44 pm

2. Ok so I got everything working with my two 5850s CrossfireX and a 9800GT for physx. My only problem is that when I reboot it keep trying to boot to the 9800GT instead of my 5850s. I have the 9800GT connected to the VGA port in one of my monitors so that it shows up in Windows. Do I even have to do this? Is there a way to change which PCI-E slot to load first or something. It’s just annoying that every time I reboot or I have to set everything back up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

xDee xDee

17 Apr 10 at 8:32 am

3. Oh and I just wanted to point out that I think this is working in Eyefinity too. I am running FluidMark at 6088 x 1080 in Eyefinity and it is showing it as running with Hardware PhysX….so I guess it works! Not sure how else to test this.

xDee xDee

17 Apr 10 at 10:06 am

4. xDee xDee
    I hardly can help you as I don’t own a hybrid system, thus, if you want a quick responce, you can ask at any active Hybrid PhysX thread, like this one or this one

17 Apr 10 at 1:16 pm

5. GenL My system will not notice my 9800gtx+ card when my 5870 is installed (setup error: The nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.) 9800 is in 1’st buy itself fine, second slot nothing, 5870 1’st or 2′nd slot fine. I’ve tried drivers 91 thru 97. Both cards and patch worked on this system before took card out for a while now it won’t.

supa

27 Apr 10 at 3:48 am

6. Works fine! Great job guys! Thank you!

Zor1

28 Apr 10 at 11:58 am

7. Works awesome! I have a R5870 + GT240. Flawless with Benchmarking, Batman Arkham Asylum and Mirror’s Edge.

Pulse

1 Jun 10 at 12:18 pm

8. The new Nvidia’s 256 drivers are out! Are we going to see a new 1.04 mod by Genl?
    Thank you! :)

Johnie

15 Jun 10 at 4:54 pm

9. Can’t find the fuckin’ file to patch, please post decent instrcutions. Thanks!

Foo

25 Jul 10 at 9:49 pm

10. Well, I tried it and it worked, but because of the proximity of the two cards the setup wasn’t tenable. However, the Song is still on my computer. Totally awesome, I recorded it so that I could put it on mine and my sister’s mp3 players.

Thank you for an excellent song. I’m just sad that the ATI card didn’t work out and I had to return it.

Art

3 Aug 10 at 7:48 am

11. Hi i really want to get the hybrid physx working but i have vista. Why dont they make a vista driver. Very annoying.

pc man

12 Aug 10 at 4:18 am

12. Practically not incl. the physicist on sheaf HD5870 + GTX460 (driver ati 10.7 and nvidia not more low 258.56) at patch use 1.04ff. All variants me were испробованны in a current of week, and the result and was not. Has visited set of foreign and our forums of concrete experience and has not received. If there were decisions incl. physics on GTX460 ?????? For it is earlier grateful.

evgalci

13 Aug 10 at 1:20 pm

13. ive followed the video and a number of online tuts, but when i open nvidia control panel i cant see any physx tab under 3d settings im running 258.96 drivers, 9.10.0513 physx drivers, and 1.04 mod and i cant get it to work. gettting 43fps in fluidmark.

system specs are
    930
    asus R3E
    3x 5870 eyefinity
    9800GTX+ inno 3D
    6gb ram

ive even tried creating a false monitor with a doggle.

any help would be good

mitch

5 Sep 10 at 8:39 am

14. Do I even need hybrid physx if I have Vista?

pc repair

3 Dec 10 at 11:52 pm

15. which song is tat which plays in background in physx mod v1.01??

Praveen