GenL has released updated mod for hybrid PhysX systems – now it works with recent 195.xx GeForce drivers and supports Windows XP/2003
UPDATE: Hybrid PhysX mod 1.03 released – with timebomb fix and lastest drivers support.
- added support for new checks in 195.xx drivers
- added support for XP/2003 drivers
- both x86 and x64 are supported by a single mod now
Notes about the mod:
- Both x86 and x64 are supported by a single file now. If you are using x86 OS, you should just skip patching 64-bit binaries (press No when asked for a search).
- Don’t forget that you must be able to access nvidia control panel. For this connect nvidia GPU to the second input port of your monitor – physically or virtually (i don’t know if this is possible), or any other way you find. There are community-generated tutorials for this, i can’t tell anything because i own only 1 GPU.
- Lite version may come later, if needed. Additionally, i can fix errors if you find them and release it with an update.
Notes about XP/2003 support:
- Only 195.62 drivers are tested for XP/2003 case. I can’t say anything about earlier versions, i didn’t even try them.
- It should work for XP/2003 x64 editions too, would be great if anyone will confirm.
- It will work for 2000 only if original XP/2003 package supports it.
You can download PhysX mod 1.02 directly from our server (not available) *
Mirror #1 (thanks to Alexandr82)
Update #2: 1.02 mod is working with new 196.21 drivers.
Update #4: 1.02 mod may not work properly with 196.75/197.xx drivers, users are also reporting incompatibility with 9.10.0222 PhysX System Software.
In addition, original post contains mod for PhysX drivers 9.09.30, that allows to use original Ageia PPU with ATI cards.
Please use commentaries to this post or thread at NGHQ forums to report errors, if they’ll occur. Reports with positive results are also appreciated.
Update: Installation instructions – Link#1 | Link#2 | Link#3 (Please note that most of them refer to old PhysX mod 1.01 – use 1.02 mod instead, download link above) | Link#4 | Link#5 (video guide) | Link#6 (specific details) | Link#7 (Italian video guide) | Link#8 | Link#9 (detailed) <- it’s recommended to start from newer links.
Update #3: Catalyst 10.2 and extended display error fix – in addition, you’ll be able to use dedicated NV GPU for PhysX without necessity to extend display.
* PhysXinfo is not responcible for any harm this file can cause to your system. Use it for your own risk.