NVIDIA has revealed updated APEX SDK 1.2.1, which includes several new features, like GPU Rigid Bodies support for PhysX 3.x branch, and is compatible with latest PhysX SDK 3.2.1.
Update #2: APEX SDK 1.2.2 is available.
Updated authoring tools will follow soon.
Update: PhysXLab 1.2.1 is released.
|APEX SDK 1.2.1 – Release Notes|
- APEX Framework 1.2.1
- NxApexSphereShape getRadius/setRadius use PxF32 instead of PxVec3 to represent the radius.
- APEX Destruction 1.2.1
- Enabled GRB support with PhysX 3.2.1.
- Support multiple interior materials.
- Added hard sleeping option, which turns chunk islands kinematic when they sleep. They may be turned dynamic again if enough damage is applied.
- New sleepVelocityFrameDecayConstant parameter replaces sleepVelocitySmoothingFactor.
- Added edge face noise in cutout mode.
- Removed surface trace functionality (was used for old dust system).
- APEX Clothing 1.2.1
- Support for convex collision added to 3x clothing solver (only a total of 32 planes per clothing actor is supported).
- Self collision parameters moved to the ClothingMaterialLibrary NxParameterized interface.
- Fixed a Clothing Tool issue where the “Generate Tangent Space” button could generate several warning dialogs for certain older clothing assets.
- APEX Turbulence/Particles 1.2.1
- Added noise feature to turbulence grid simulation.
- Added drag coefficient parameter to turbulence grids.
- Attractor field sampler works inside of turbulence grids.
- New FieldVelocityWeight parameter, which controls how strongly the field velocity affects particles.
- Support convex mesh collision with turbulence grids.
- Support convex mesh collision with basic IOS.
- Clearer emitter debug visualization hints.
- New semantics for particle rendering: COLOR_FLOAT4 and generic 32-bit USER_DATA.
- All turbulence grid parameters now exposed through NxParameterized interface.
- Temperature visualization now shows different colors for temperatures.
- Fixed collision issues with turbulence grids which used to cause unrealistic rigid body interaction.
- Turbulence actor LOD is now properly disabled when the module’s LOD is disabled.
- Fixed crash issue in turbulence simulation.
If you are experiencing troubles with registration, please refer to our updated guide.