Update #2: updated 2.86.00806 plug-in for 3ds Max is up.
Update: new 2.86.00717 plug-in for 3ds Max (2010-2013) is released.
- Support for APEX 1.2 – PhysX 3 cloth.
- Simulation latency settings.
- Other improvements and bug-fixes.
Plug-in is temporarily located at Developer Support Center.
- General: Support for APEX 1.2 (however, PhysX 3 cloth is not yet functional)
- General: Support for PhysX SDK 3.2 engine.
- Rigid Body
- New convex decomposition algorithm for approximating non-convex meshes.
- Controls to assist in more control over the contact shell (aka skinWidth, aka collisionOverlap) to allow and favor the shell to be outside of the shape so that at maximum overlap objects do not penetrate.
- Resizable contact buffer for PhysX 3 engine.
- New targeting sub-object modifier to help with singularity conditions.
- New targeting sub-object modifier to set the twist starting location.
- Improved workflow around parameters which are tied together and may be enable/disabled.
- Now provides pre-configured constraint limits on biped.
- Now maintains constraint position at bone pivot point (reset on simulation start if moved but maintains orientation).
- Regeneration groups manager.
- Mass redistribution.
- Basic CAT support (Not to the same level at biped yet).
- APEX Clothing
- Latch To Nearest system now only support 30 instead of 32 channels.
PhysX plug-in version 2.85 for 3ds Max is available through PhysX Registered Developer Program.
If you are experiencing trouble with registration, please refer to our new guide.