GameWorks Developer Program: easier way to access PhysX SDK, DCC Tools and APEX

NVIDIA is about to meet the wishes of developer community with more friendly way to take advantage of PhysX SDK and APEX ToolsGameWorks Developer Program.

April 2014: Guide was updated to correspond with the new GameWorks Program

In comparison to previous account registration process, Developer Program features automated account approval (matter of minutes, not days) and simplified downloads structure (easier to find demanded files).

IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED AT NVIDIA DEVELOPER ZONE

Step 1. Go to NVIDIA Developer Zone and click “Register Now” (upper right corner)

Step 2. Press the “Register” button, than fill-in account information

Step 3. Instructions and password will be sent to your e-mail. Complete the registration

IF/WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE DEVELOPER ZONE ACCOUNT

Step 1. While logged-in, click at “My Account” link in the drop-out menu under your account name (upper right corner)

Step 2. Complete Basic Registered Developer Profile

You will be required to provide your Last and First name, information about your company and your location.

Step 3. Now you can apply to Graphics/Game Developer Program

Step 4. Fill-in provided questionary

Please note that you will be required to agree to the terms and conditions specified in the PhysX/APEX EULA. Read it carefully.

Step 5. Wait until you Developer Program status will change from “Submitted” to “Approved” (may take up to 30 minutes – you will be also notified via e-mail upon completion).

Step 6. At GameWorks Download Center you can access latest binary PhysX SDKs, APEX SDK and DCC tools.

If you have trouble with new account registration or existing account you can send your problem description to support@physxinfo.com (with subject – “GameWorks - PhysX”) – we’ll try to provide a shortcut to PhysX dev. team.

April 24th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

11 Responses to 'GameWorks Developer Program: easier way to access PhysX SDK, DCC Tools and APEX'

1. nice, btw: any info on apex for 3.x release date?

przemek

24 Apr 12 at 3:56 pm

2. przemek: any info on apex for 3.x release date?

Few months, probably. It is currently in alpha

24 Apr 12 at 4:18 pm

3. i would like access to this plugin for 3ds max i think it will help my animation a lot

liam van winden

2 May 12 at 11:50 pm

4. there is no options at the top right of http://developer.nvidia.com/ to create a new developer account. what’s the current way to get access to the SDK ?

jeremy

21 Sep 12 at 4:43 pm

5. jeremy: what’s the current way to get access to the SDK

Indeed.
    You need to register here following this guide

I believe, it is already mentioned at the beginning of this article.

21 Sep 12 at 5:02 pm

6. Can someone help me with the installation of the 3dsmax plugin? Point me in the right direction? I have never done this. I downloaded PhysX-3.2.0_PC_SDK_Core but have no idea what to do with it.

Philip

18 Feb 13 at 7:16 pm

7. Philip:

Can someone help me with the installation of the 3dsmax plugin?

If you a trying to download from Parature, then PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max is located at:
    Downloads -> APEX 1.2 SDK & Tools (beta) -> 3dsMax plug-ins

Philip: I downloaded PhysX-3.2.0_PC_SDK_Core

That is PhysX SDK, not PhysX plug-in

18 Feb 13 at 7:49 pm

8. Please give me th pluggin for physX in 3D max i realy want to se what its potncial and feuter physics thow i am a real perfectionist and ……….

Mikael

26 Jul 13 at 9:45 am

9. Mikael: Please give me th pluggin for physX

Register and download them, it’s free

26 Jul 13 at 10:55 am

10. The Phyx3.0 don’t support for max 2009,i want this plugin -Phyx 2.72 for max 2009. I need it.thank you!
    I have an account.

jiangyao

1 May 14 at 12:52 pm

11. I am in a bad need for Physx 2.6 for max 2012 I had been walking around bare-footed there is always a”problem loading page ‘” will you please do me a favor & supply me with a direct link to download the above mentioned plugin.

abdosagor