Post-GDC 2012: APEX Dynamic Systems Module

NVIDIA has uploaded a following video, revealing new, never seen before, module for APEX Framework, called APEX Dynamic Systems (it is still an early prototype, however).

Detailed description is not available yet, but it seems that this new module is supposed to speed up the creation process of complex dynamic actors like articulations, ragdolls and vehicles, by providing artist friendly environment, where one can easily create and tune such objects and preview their behaviour.

March 20th, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Posted in PhysX Tools

Tagged with , ,

8 Responses to 'Post-GDC 2012: APEX Dynamic Systems Module'

1. Novodex Rocket 2.0 ?

And.. APEX Animation anyone ? :)

20 Mar 12 at 8:00 pm

2. This is reaLLy cool! apparently only a minority really appreciate this! It reminds me of the john ratcliff suppusitory tools where you could throw a deer or frog model into the environment and pretest the object before exporting it to a game engine.It’s kinda like PhysX rocket also if you remember that!

digitaldemolition

21 Aug 12 at 9:57 am

3. digitaldemolition: It’s kinda like PhysX rocket also if you remember that!

Yeah, there were some experiments with auto-generated ragdolls, I remember that)

BTW, Dynamic Systems module is already used in PlanetSide 2 (for vehicles), so I believe we’ll see standalone release soon enough.

21 Aug 12 at 11:22 am

4. Heh heh, I wrote this tool and made this video. I had no idea it ever ‘got out into the wild’. That’s very cool, thanks!

John

John W. Ratcliff

16 Nov 12 at 7:52 pm

5. digitaldemolition:

Yep, it’s ‘kind of like that’, because I wrote it based on what I learned from writing the Rocket stuff. But this is a whole entirely new code base though.

John

John W. Ratcliff

16 Nov 12 at 8:26 pm

6. Nice to see you here, John :)
    Watching over your work since Ageia times.

16 Nov 12 at 8:45 pm

7. Zogrim:
    Nice to see you here, John
    Watching over your work since Ageia times.

Just downloaded my old Novodex Rocket demo using the link on your site. Man, I’m having so many memory flash-backs. Thanks so much for that! The demos are still really cool and I love the trippy Rocket intro that’s still in there!

Much thanks. As you know, as an NVIDIA employee, I’m not really allowed to talk about anything I do at work today publicly unless it’s been approved, but it’s been really cool seeing the links here of work I have done in the past and even stuff I’ve been doing more recently.

John

John W. Ratcliff

16 Nov 12 at 9:05 pm

8. John W. Ratcliff: Man, I’m having so many memory flash-backs.

I’m sure it brings memories indeed :)

John W. Ratcliff: it’s been really cool seeing the links here of work I have done

Well, this website is called PhysXInfo for a reason

16 Nov 12 at 9:44 pm