Updated PhysX 3.1.1, which adresses many issues found in SDK 3.1.0, is now available for download.
Update [11.01.2012]: PhysX SDK 3.1.2 available
- Fixed wrong write/read clash checks.
- Removed some compiler warnings from public header files.
- Fixed PxScene::getActors() returning wrong actors when a start index is specified.
- Fixed broken joint projection in connection with kinematics.
- Fixed inaccurate normals returned from height field scene queries.
- Fixed a crash when the geometry of a shape changes and then the actor gets removed from the scene while the simulation is running.
- Fixed a crash when re-adding scene-query shape actors to scene.
- Fixed crash bug in particle simulation code on GPU.
- Fixed a crash when GPU fabrics are shared between cloths.
- Fixed a hang in cloth fiber cooker when handed non-manifold geometry.
- Fixed SampleVehicle doing an invalid write.
- Fixed SampleVehicle jitter in profile build.
PhysX SDK 3.1.1 Release Notes:
- Ported samples to Linux.
- Fixed crash bug in ConvX.
- Fixed crash bug in the allocator code of PXC_NP_MEM_BLOCK_EXTENSIBLE.
- Fixed crash bug when connected to PVD on various platforms.
- Fixed bogus asserts due to overly strict validation of quaternions.
- Fixed one frame lag in PVD scene statistics.
- Fixed a number of OSX PVD sockets issues.
- Fixed SampleSubmarine code that violated concurrent read/writes restriction.
- Added warnings about read/write hazards to the checked build.
- Fixed RepX not reading joint properties.
- Fixed support for concurrent scene queries.
- Fixed PhysX GPU Visual Indicator support.
- Made it more clear in documentation that simulate(0) is not allowed.
- eNOTIFY_TOUCH_LOST trigger events do now get reported if one of the objects in contact gets deleted (see documentation of PxTriggerPair for details).
- Dynamic rigid bodies with trigger shapes only do not wake up other touching bodies anymore.
- Added lost touch events for trigger reports when objects get deleted.
- Fixed dynamic triggers waking up actors they are triggered by.
- Removed an inapropriate assert from articulation code.
- Fixed problem with the angular momentum conservation of articulations.
- Fixed articulation sleep problems.
- Fixed a linear velocity related bug in CCD.
- Fixed crash bug CCD.
- Optimized performance of joint information being sent to PVD.
PhysX SDK 3.1.1/3.1.2 can be downloaded at Developer Support Center.
If you are experiencing trouble with registration of PhysX Developer account, please refer to our registration guide.