Following the release of 2.7 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max, NVIDIA has also uploaded new 2.70.1028.1400 plug-in for Maya (2009 – 2012).
Update [22.11.2011]: Maya PhysX plug-in was updated to version 2.70.1109.2230, that includes various bugfixes and minor updates.
2.7 PhysX plug-in for Maya – Release Notes:
- General: New unified exporter
- General: Improved PhysX shelf GUI
- General: Support for PhysX 3.1
- General: Support for APEX Clothing 1.1
- General: Compatibility with other plug-ins that use PhysX directly (e.g. Thinking Particles)
- General: Scene validation
- Rigid Bodies: Copy/paste multiple physical meshes
- Rigid Body: Kinematic to Dynamic Switching
- Rigid Bodies: Ragdoll improved mass distribution
- APEX Clothing: Support for latch to nearest regions
- APEX Clothing: Support for Graphical LoD and Contact Layers
- APEX Clothing: improved custom physical mesh handling
2.7 PhysX plug-in for Maya is available at Developer Support Center. You can find it under following path:
[Online Support] -> [Downloads] -> [APEX DCC Clothing Plugins] -> [Maya 2.7.X (beta)]
If you are experiencing trouble with registration of PhysX Developer account, please refer to our registration guide.