PhysX Comparison Trailer for Batman: Arkham City

First trailer, showcasing supplementary GPU PhysX content for upcoming Batman: Arkham City title in comparison to normal “console” physics layer, was revealed today.

Update: PhysX in Batman: Arkham City article at GeForce.com

Some effects, like SPH smoke, cloth banners and “dynamic” paper, are familiar for us from previous Batman game, others, like intense particle effects, are promising new experience and immersion.

Slightly delayed PC version of Batman: Arkham City is set to be released at November 18, 2011.

October 18th, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Posted in PhysX Games

Tagged with , ,

5 Responses to 'PhysX Comparison Trailer for Batman: Arkham City'

1. “Slightly delayed PC version of Batman: Arkham City is set to be released at November 18, 2011″

Is this in UK as well?? I was told at Game it would be available October 27th. :-( :-(

(although I will probably still wait until its cheaper, if I have the resolve…)

David Black

19 Oct 11 at 12:08 am

2. David Black: Is this in UK as well??

Seems so
    ~ 15 November for US

19 Oct 11 at 12:17 am

3. While I loved Arkham Asylum’s physx, I’m sort of dissapointed with what was demo’d. While the simulated fog is always nice, the scenes such as the bank vault or what I assume is a fight with Mr. Freeze seemed excessive–throwing a bunch of shit onto the screen for the hell of it, discarding any realism.

One thing I don’t really like about physics nowadays, regardless of whether it’s Physx, Havok, or any other engine, is the fact that particles and objects have no weight to them–I always find myself catapulting enemies whenever I play Dark Souls.

Tuna

21 Oct 11 at 2:06 am

4. I agree sometimes it can be a bit tacked on(eg the debris in the hallway with the machine gun?).

But money scattered in a vault or sparks in an industrial setting seem fine… What is perhaps more important is how they relate to the story, which only time will tell.

David Black

22 Oct 11 at 10:32 pm

5. David Black:

Even with the bank vault, there’s no weight to the money–it’s all lose bills flying and actually becomes quite distracting. Or the foundry/furnace, no one in their right mind would be walking around there with any bare skin.

Tuna