Update [14.02.2012]: Latest build of PhysXLab 1.1 is available. It is recommended to re-download it.
Update [16.05.2012]: Beta 3 version of APEX 1.1 is released.
- APEX 1.1 support (PhysX SDK 18.104.22.168).
- Possibility to have multiple physical meshes per chunk – convex decomposition (controlled by “Collision Quality” settings).
- New options for “Playground” simulation – Radius Damage Tool, ability to throw or drop destructible asset, shoot it with box or sphere.
- Separate pieces now detected by the FBX importer.
- Can now import a multiple mesh and export without further fracturing.
- Ability to cancel fracturing opertation – “Stop Fracture”.
- Chunk instancing (correponding chunks between different destructible actors will be rendered through intance bufer).
- Chunks tiling (matching chunks created from cutout fracturing will be instanced within the same actor, as well as referenced actors).
- Visualization of instanced chunks.
- LOD settings can now be applied to destructible in playground.
- Supports ASDW keys to move camera.
- Updated interface with support for all new features.
- Bad tangent generation fixed.
- Large memory usage issues fixed.
- (Upd) Fixed DE3765: Multi FBX assets have a material for each sub-object.
- (Upd) Fixed bug with fracture map display updates.
- (Upd) Fixed DE4048: Fracture regression from 1.0. Missing/misplaced triangles after fracturing.
- (Upd) Fixed DE4144: Crashing when loading projects after loading null materials.
- (Upd) Fixed DE3792: Not remembering correct slice values.
- (Upd) Fixed freeze bug when bad fracture map is used for periodic tiling.
- (Upd) Fixed known issue of parameters not resetting when projects are loaded.
- (Upd) Robusteness improvements for the default material.
- (Upd) Fixed DE4027: Fracture maps using incorrect scaling.
- (Upd) Fixed .TGA material texture map import crash bug.
- (Upd) Fixed DE3731: Particle side is broken in PhysXLab 1.1
- (Upd) Fixed nearly-invisible cutout overlay.
- (Upd) Potential fix for DE3692: Unable to select depth 1 chunks of multi fbx.
- (Upd) Fixed DE3675: Cannot import a multi-mesh FBX and export it as a destructible without further fracturing.
PhysXLab 1.1 can be downloaded through Developer Support Center. Follow the path:
[Online Support] -> [Downloads] -> [APEX PhysX Lab (beta)] -> [APEX PhysXLab 1.1 (beta)]
If you are experiencing trouble with registration of PhysX Developer account, please refer to our registration guide.