Next major release of DCC PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max has arrived.
New 2.70.1028.1400 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max (2009 – 2012, 32- and 64-bit) just have landed on download page at Developer Support Center.
Additionally, updated 2.61.1028.0930 PhysX plug-in was released for 3ds Max - it includes minor bug-fixes for 2.61 version.
2.7 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max – New Features Overview:
- General: Additional PhysX SDK 3.1 solver
Providing same simulation quality as SDK 2.8.4, SDK 3.1 solver is noticeably faster, especially in specific scenes which contain composite meshes with complex concave geometry.
As a test, we’ve measured a time that is needed to simulate 200 frames of “Chainmail” scene (430+ composite rigid bodies), in a viewport. As you can see, in this case SDK 3.1 solver is ~40% faster.
Notes: #1 APEX Clothing is not yet supported by SDK 3.1 engine.
#2 Current SDK 3.1 implementation has limited contact buffer, so it is not recommended to use it with large number of objects.
- General: Support for APEX Clothing 1.1
- General: Unified exporter
One universal “PhysX Export” window for exporting of PhysX scene content and APEX Clothing assets, depending on selected PhysX engine.
- General: Compatibility with other plug-ins that use PhysX directly (e.g. Thinking Particles)
- Rigid Bodies: Make shapes optionally wrap elements instead of entire mesh
- Rigid Bodies: Mirror rag dolls saves the prefix and suffix which was last typed in
- Rigid Bodies: Transform/copy/paste multiple physical meshes
- Rigid Bodies: Mirror physical meshes on same rigid body
- Rigid Bodies: double sided static rigid bodies/shapes
- Rigid Bodies: Automatic calculation for center of mass
- Rigid Bodies: Rag doll improved mass distribution
- APEX Clothing: Support for latch to nearest regions
- APEX Clothing: Support for bones attached to the skeleton that are not part of the skin
- APEX Clothing: Updated PhysX Visualizer with APEX Clothing visualization
- Fixes: Capsules in wrong location on character after previewing in external previewer
- Fixes: Mirror ragdoll shapes got orientation mirroring way off
- Fixes: LoD budget option is not working properly in Max but works in external previewer
- Fixes: Unable to execute export/import clothing template
- Fixes: Collision volumes are sometimes missing in external previewer
- Fixes: Collision capsules sometimes don’t export to apx
We remind you that 2.7 PhysX plug-in for 3ds Max can be downloaded through Developer Support Center. Just follow the path:
[Online Support] -> [Downloads] -> [APEX DCC Clothing Plugins] -> [Max 2.7.X (beta)]
If you are experiencing trouble with registration of PhysX Developer account, please refer to our registration guide.