PhysX SDK 2.8.4.6 available

Despite the release of the new PhysX 3 engine, NVIDIA still continues to improve 2.x branch of PhysX SDKs – new PhysX SDK 2.8.4.6 has arrived today for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

nvidia-physx

Release Notes:

* Fixed a bug when vertex count is not a multiple of 4 and when NX_CLF_HARD_STRETCH_LIMITATION is enabled.

* SPU code enabled for APEX.

* Fixed SPU raycast bug.

* Other minor bugfixes for APEX.

As always, you can download PhysX SDK 2.8.4.6 via Developer Support Center.

If you are experiencing trouble with registration of PhysX Developer account, please refer to our registration guide.

July 14th, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Posted in PhysX SDK

Tagged with

13 Responses to 'PhysX SDK 2.8.4.6 available'

1. Hi Zogrim. Do you know something new about Deep Black? According to new NVIDIA drivers, they added 3D Vision support for this game. But here it’s still marked as no released. And what about GPU@PhysX for this game? Will it come with some patch in the future?

29 Jul 11 at 4:42 pm

2. mareknr:

Hi Zogrim. Do you know something new about Deep Black?

It was released in Germany only so far, afaik.

mareknr: . And what about GPU@PhysX for this game?

Last time I asked, I was told there will be CPU PhysX only.

But at geforce.com it is listed as game with GPU PhysX support. So lets just wait till global release – September.

29 Jul 11 at 6:28 pm

3. I have another question connected with GPU@PhysX in Dark Void. I bought this game via Steam and I don’t know if GPU@PhysX works or not. I have PhysX indicator enabled via NVIDIA Control Panel. But in this game it isn’t visible. In other games using PhysX I can see this indocator in the left upper conner of the screen. But in this game there isn’t. I can set PhysX to high in game settings but in the first mission where you fly and following your planes there isn’t any fluid generated from engine of your “flying pack” which you have on your back. There are only flames but nothing like in the videos which you can see on internet. Do you have any explanation? Thanks for answer.

30 Jul 11 at 3:08 pm

4. mareknr: Do you have any explanation?

Smoke will only be visible in “hover” mode, like on comparison video. What about other effects – turbulence particles from Disentegrator gun and apex particles/debris from other weapons – are they working ?

1 Aug 11 at 11:16 am

5. I’m now only in the begining of the game and I don’t have Disentegrator gun yet. BTW what exactly mean “hover” mode. I was thinking that it is when you flying with jetpack like in the first mission in the game (before your plane crash).

2 Aug 11 at 11:49 am

6. mareknr: I was thinking that it is when you flying with jetpack like in the first mission in the game (before your plane crash)

I don’t remember what was in first mission, but jetpack has two modes – “flight” (high speed, character is oriented parallel to the ground, no APEX smoke) and “hover” (slower, character is oriented perpendicular to the ground, APEX smoke is emitted.

Also, there was a PhysX patch for Dark Void. Dunno if steam version installs it automatically.

2 Aug 11 at 2:45 pm

7. So Disintegrator gun works like in videos. Enemies are divided into many particles. But jetpack in hover mode don’t evoke any APEX smoke. I have base jatpack so I don’t know if I have to upgrade it to see APEX smoke. Or it doesn’t work?

2 Aug 11 at 4:50 pm

8. mareknr: But jetpack in hover mode don’t evoke any APEX smoke.

Well, of your desintegrator effects are working properly and jetpack’s are not – I have no idea what might be the problem, sorry.
    Never heard about case as yours.

3 Aug 11 at 4:19 pm

9. So it works. The jetpack which you get in the begining doesn’t have APEX smoke but the one which is experimental works well. So PhysX works at all. Thanks for your time.

4 Aug 11 at 12:19 am

10. I’ve been trying to download PhysX SDK 2.8.4.6 for over an hour at the developer site and by Googling around and I still have not found it.

Why is it soooo hard to find?????

(Anybody can send it to me?) :)

Daniel

9 Sep 12 at 9:15 am

11. 2.8.4.6 SDK should be located under [Online Support] -> [Downloads] > [Old Downloads] section.
    However, sometimes some files may be missing – that is a bug. You`ll need to report that problem at Dev. Center forum, so your account can be fixed

9 Sep 12 at 11:58 am

12. I have Created A Account Today Morning 2015-january-12.

In Downloads Tab there no SDK To DownloadL: http://supportcenteronline.com/ics/support/DLSplash.asp?task=download

Just i can Download PhysX Debugger x64 and PhysX 3.3 Guide Only