New GPU PhysX benchmark released for online shooter Mars

New GPU PhysX benchmark was revealed today – it is showcasing APEX integration and hardware accelerated PhysX support in upcoming online TPS game called Mars, developed by Epic China in Shanghai. Mars is the first China developed online shooting title, based on Unreal Engine 3, and is supposed to offer player fresh PvP and PvE experience, vibrant graphics, customizable avatars and weapons.

Benchmark itself is showcasing a decent level of GPU PhysX effects, especially in comparison to other games like MKZ and Jianxia 3.

This includes: various particle effects – physically simulated debris from explosions, chunks from bullet impacts, sparks, etc

Mars Benchmark - PhysX Particles

Mars Benchmark - PhysX Particles

Destructible environments, thanks to APEX Destructible module

Mars Benchmark - PhysX Destruction

high number of dynamic Cloth objects – banners, flags, torn apart by shockwaves, and flying newspapers

Mars Benchmark - PhysX Cloth

and Fluid simulation (for example, this fountain is using 16 000 SPH-particles).

Mars Becnhmark - PhysX Fluids

We have performed several benchmark runs (high settings, 1680×1024, 2xMSAA), to test out the performance on our system (C2Q 9400 @2.6, 4 Gb RAM, GTX 470, Win 7 x64)

PhysX on Performance
CPU – C2Q 9400 11.50 fps
GPU – GTX 470 22.93 fps

Current state of the game – open beta test. In addition, Mars fully supports NVIDIA 3D Vision technology.

You can download Mars GPU PhysX benchmark from GeForce.cn or game website (712 Mb)

June 8th, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Posted in PhysX Games

Tagged with , ,

28 Responses to 'New GPU PhysX benchmark released for online shooter Mars'

1. Now I see. Sorry. I didn’t mean terrific(I used the word with opposing meaning as I wanted). My mistake. :-) The FPS are low for me too. So it’s misunderstanding.

12 Jun 11 at 10:34 pm

2. One of the chinese websites has published some benchmarks

17 Jun 11 at 9:26 pm

3. Hmm…interesting. Seems like my hybrid is up to par then with their results.

xDee xDee

18 Jun 11 at 12:22 am

4. And another set of benchmarks, more detailed

18 Jun 11 at 10:59 am

5. nuninho: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=346495 -> 1st post – my problem fixed but not 100% I tried to delete “APEX legacy”’s and physxdevice.dll files and I can improve much performance until 60fps!!thank by @TheHunter!but 60fps…7~10 fps during few seconds… back to 60fps… this slow during few seconds… 60fps. lol -> how can I fix?

AAAHH!! SORRY! my post previous must delete due to mistake!! but my current post is changed here.

APEX legacy detected and removed – I can improve avg from 3 to 16 fps at 1680×1050@2xAA but I got not normal performance because review (link gets avg 40 fps (i7 2600K and GTX 570).

nuninho

21 Jun 11 at 4:46 pm

6. So what is the reason for this game being so demanding I wonder?!?! It must have to do with the code optimization being poor or something along those lines. Seems strange to me.

Granted the PhysX usage is pretty good, but the 3D graphics aren’t that impressive and certainly not good enough to warrant such demanding GPU power. If a dedicated PhysX GPU is handling the PhysX calculations, then what the hell are my 5850’s doing? They must being doing something to have loads on both cards at +/- 75%.

Are the scores based only on the PhysX FPS? And the reason my GTX460 scores as high or higher then a GTX580 is because it isn’t doing any 3D rendering?

This benchmark may just be crap and maybe a final product of the game is needed to see what really is going on.

xDee xDee

22 Jun 11 at 8:54 am

7. xDee xDee:

So what is the reason for this game being so demanding I wonder?!?!

Because it seems to be crap :)

Meanwhile, some benchmarks from Geeks 3D