APEX 1.1 will include APEX Turbulence, APEX 1.2 will add GPU Rigid bodies

NVIDIA has prepared a “surprise” – fully upgraded and rewamped Developer Zone.

Among with full set of new features and content, PhysX section was renovated too (previously, certain parts were staying without update for years).

Browsing through new website, we have found some intersting data, never revealed before – for example, APEX FAQ states that:

What APEX modules are available?

APEX 1.1 will include Turbulence and APEX 1.2 will include APEX Destruction with GPU Rigid Bodies. If you are interested in Turbulence or Destruction with GPU rigid bodies, please email us at apex-beta@nvidia.com.

APEX 1.0 Beta was released to public several weeks ago.

Several updated pages we recommend you to visit:

Main PhysX page

APEX Page

APEX FAQ

April 5th, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Posted in Other, PhysX Tools

Tagged with , , ,

7 Responses to 'APEX 1.1 will include APEX Turbulence, APEX 1.2 will add GPU Rigid bodies'

1. “fully upgraded and rewamped Developer Zone.” – more like fully broken web page at the moment:-(

“…the PhysX SDK has been downloaded by tens of thousands including students of all ages, primary, secondary, and college educators, a worldwide collection of hobbyist, …”

Go modern primary school kids! In my day I only knew of one kid(as well as myself) doing any sort of programming during late primary/early secondry school and that was just a little bit of BASIC.

(OK maybe they mean primary teachers creating software or something, but still…).

David Black

6 Apr 11 at 1:46 am

2. David Black: more like fully broken web page

It requires a lot of work indeed, but has greather potential than previous website)

6 Apr 11 at 10:39 am

3. Hi Zogrim. Do you have any informations about new games with GPU PhysX acceleration? I’m expecting only U-Wars this year…

6 Apr 11 at 10:59 am

4. mareknr: Do you have any informations about new games with GPU PhysX acceleration? I’m expecting only U-Wars this year…

Yeah, there will be some, never announced previously.
    First one will likely come out this summer. All I can say.

As for U-Wars (Deep Black now), I have no information about current GPU PhysX support status.

6 Apr 11 at 11:20 am

5. Thanks for informations. Do you know when will be Deep Black released? The linformation what I heard was Q1 2011 which already passed out…

6 Apr 11 at 1:30 pm

6. mareknr: Do you know when will be Deep Black released?

They even don’t know themselves.
    From Facebook page
    “Sure next weeks we will finilize release format/dates and then put trailer in internet.”

6 Apr 11 at 2:47 pm

7. David Black: more like fully broken web page at the moment

OK, I’m taking my words back. I’ve found out that almost all paths to PhysX pages are different on new Dev. Zone, and there is no auto redirection.
    And I have a lot of links all over the PhysXInfo.

Who is that genius ? let me shake his neck

7 Apr 11 at 11:37 am