Newest PhysX SDK 18.104.22.168 is ready for public beta testing – this is last and most stable current generation SDK, next one is going to be 3.0.
In addition, SDK 2.8.4. will be used as basis for upcoming APEX 1.0 toolset.
[18.08.10] Update: Release notes were supplemented with “driverless” mode description.
[19.08.10] Update #2: bug in the PhysXLoader code, that was preventing it from loading the local DLLs in 2.8.4, is now fixed. Replace the PhysXLoader.dll and PhysXLoader64.dll in your SDK installation with the new files from the archive “2.8.4_Loader_patch.rar“, found in the 2.8.4 folder on the developer download site.
[20.08.10] Update #3: PhysX SDK 22.214.171.124 with fixed PhysXLoader .dlls and included (previously missing) PhysXDevice.dll – is ready.
Currently, binary builds are available for 32- and 64-bit PC Windows, and Xbox 360
- Removed PhysX Loader source code from source distribution. THIS WILL BE REVERTED FOR RELEASE. PhysXLoader code will be supplied to source licensees.
- Discontinued the Training Programs.
- Added source code of NxTetra (tet-maker) utility to source distribution.
- Removed spin waits from sample code.
- Added API to permit the user to specify the order in which compartments are simulated.
- Added compression limits to cloth.
- Cloth simulation no longer performs prediction for kinematic rigid bodies for improved interaction behavior.
- New driverless loader option for PC CPU distribution. In 2.8.4, application developers must ship PhysXCore.dll, PhysXCooking.dll, the cudarXX_XX_X.dll and physxdevice.dll with the application ‘locally’, in the directory where the .exe is located:
1. The application requests PhysXCore or PhysXCooking (v 2.8.4) from the PhysXLoader.
2. PhysXLoader searches for another DLL called ‘PhysXUpdateLoader’.
3. If PhysXUpdateLoader is not found, PhysXLoader will load the local PhysXCore or PhysXCooking.
4. If PhysXUpdateLoader is found, it looks for an updated replacement for the PhysXCore or PhysXCooking dlls.
5. If PhysXUpdateLoader cannot find the specified replacement DLL, PhysXLoader will load the local PhysXCore or PhysXCooking dlls.
6. If PhysXUpdateLoader can find the replacement DLLs, these will be loaded in place of the local PhysCore or PhysXCooking dlls.
7. The net result is that the developer has more control over the game installation process, doesn't have to worry about shipping a large System Software with the game, doesn't have to worry that the player will break his System Software somehow, etc.
- Better rotation matrix input validity checking.
- Made Desc::isValid() more verbose.
- CUDA errors are now reported to the debug stream.
- Added extended scene statistics for GPU memory usage.
- Lowered the default GPU memory heap size to 32 MB from 128 MB. You may use NxPhysicsSDKDesc::gpuHeapSize to change how much GPU memory is allocated for physics.
- Disabled GPU acceleration by default. Clear NX_SDF_NO_HARDWARE to enable it.
- Corrected inertia and volume computation for capsule. For the same capsule dimension and density, the mass and inertia is slightly different compared to the previous release.
- Enabled /arch:SSE2 compiler switch for all optimized PC builds.
- Optimized PS3 SPU Memory Manager
- Optimized AgPerfmon AgPerfUtils wrapper
- Optimized cloth simulation on PS3, XBOX 360, PC CPU
- Debugged PS3 SPU Memory Manager
- Fluids now collide properly when static shapes are removed or added.
- Fixed crash bug in character controller sample.
- Fixed a number of bugs in the HSM.
- NxCloth::getShapePointers() no longer returns shape flags.
- Added methods to NxCloth and members to NxClothDesc to set compression parameters.
- NxCloth::setFlag() can no longer be used to change NX_CLF_BENDING_ORTHO, use flag in NxClothDesc instead.
- Removed NxFluidFlag::NX_FF_ENABLE_STATIC_FRICTION. Static friction is enabled by default now.
- Removed NX_SDKF_EXTENDED_DESCRIPTOR.
- Added NxPhysicsSDK::resizeGpuHeap() to allow changing the GPU heap size after SDK creation. See the GPU Memory section of the User’s Guide for details.
- NxPhysicsSDKDesc::flags has NX_SDKF_NO_HARDWARE set by default.
- Added checkValid() method to descriptors that return an error code instead of the boolean of isValid().
- The experimental NxScene::simulateCompartments() method has been added. It gives more control over the order in which compartments get simulated.
You can download PhysX SDK 126.96.36.199 Beta via Developer Support Center.
If you are experiencing trouble with registration of PhysX Developer account, please refer to our registration guide.