Mafia II: first PhysX Trailer

Assumptions about GPU PhysX support in upcoming Mafia II title are now becoming a reality.

Update: second PhysX trailer

With launch of their new GTX480/GTX470 GPU products, Nvidia has revealed a trailer, showcasing hardware accelerated PhysX content in Mafia II.

Amount of physics effects is looking impressive – various types of particle debris and chunks, sparks and smoke, destructible objects, APEX based clothing simulation. Not to mention, that apart from those effects, overall in-game physics in Mafia II is based on PhysX SDK too.

Will Mafia II become killer app for GPU PhysX many are waiting for ? We’ll know at August 24th 2010.

March 27th, 2010 at 1:59 am

Posted in PhysX Games

Tagged with , , ,

5 Responses to 'Mafia II: first PhysX Trailer'

1. HELLLL YEAAAAAAAAA, omg ! :D thank god :D im fanatik to PhysX …huhhuuuuuuu

MicrO

27 Mar 10 at 11:51 am

2. AAAA its amazinggggg !!!!!!! XD

MicrO

27 Mar 10 at 11:55 am

3. This game will be the best game of the year! Look`s so amazing and realistic, it beat`s GTA IV by far!

Kakarot

5 May 10 at 11:09 pm

4. Why does EVERYONE (under 40) in Britain speak with a cockney accent now? Mr. Gumby?
    I guess it’s the equivalent of the white guys in America trying to sound “gangsta”. It’s pathetic.

The game looks great but I think it’s going to be way over the top, with non-stop school age profanity. That gets old after a while. The cars all seem to blow up the same as well. I hope the car physics are editable in some way.

All that aside, I have a lot of hope for the new Mafia since I was a great fan of the original.

bokat

28 May 10 at 1:51 am

5. Y’know… I don’t put much faith in the August 24th release date… I’ve been waiting for this game for years now… and each time its put back to a later date…

I’m beginning to think theres some other issue besides the too and fros’s of development here… my guess is legal stuff!

mickelodian