Many of you have probably already seen the first PhysX trailer for upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins title, extracted from PAX 2013 stream and narrated by Tom Petersen.
Update: official trailer
However, we were able to abtain some additional and interesting information on GPU PhysX support in the new Batman game.
- Arkham Origins is using PhysX SDK 2.8.4, coupled with newest APEX 1.3.
- The game will be very heavy on Turbulence effects – all the interactive fog and steam, as seen in the video, is based on APEX Turbulence module. More common SPH particles, known from other PhysX games, will be not present in Arkham Origins.
- Dynamic snow is a complex simulation, that is using a set of vortex, attractors, jets, turbulence grids, and noise field samplers.
- The game will have certain amount of environmental cloth assets (paper, banners, etc), but no enhanced clothing on character.
- GPU Rigid bodies or APEX Destruction module will be not used in Batman.
Batman: Arkham Origins is scheduled for release on October 25, 2013.