NVIDIA has released an updated version of APEX SDK.
Update: APEX SDK 1.2.4 is available
New version is compatible with latest PhysX SDK 3.2.3, and also includes a bunch of bug-fixes and some minor new features.
|APEX SDK 1.2.3 – Release Notes|
- APEX Framework 1.2.3
- NxResourceProvider is now case-insensitive by default. To get the old case-sensitive behavior, set resourceProviderIsCaseSensitive true in the NxApexSDKDesc.
- Fixed issues with re-entrant read locks.
- APEX Destruction 1.2.3
- GPU rigid bodies are no longer supported on pre-Fermi hardware.
- Added actor synchronization filtering by damage event depth and fracture event depth.
- Added NxDestructibleActor::setDeleteFracturedChunks() to tell a destructible actor to delete its fractured chunks instead of simulating them.
- Added NxUserDestructibleSyncHandler::onPreProcessReadBegin() and NxUserDestructibleSyncHandler::onPreProcessReadDone() callbacks.
- Edited NxUserDestructibleSyncHandler::onReadBegin() callback. Removed NxUserDestructibleSyncHandler::onSwizzleDone() callback.
- Added NxDestructibleActorSyncState struct. Edited NxDestructibleActor::setSyncParams() method.
- Edited NxDestructibleActor::setHitChunkTrackingParams() method.
- Added new NxDestructibleAssetStats: maxHullVertexCount, maxHullFaceCount, chunkWithMaxEdgeCount.
- NxDestructibleAsset::createDestructibleActor() renamed to NxDestructibleAsset::createDestructibleActorFromDeserializedState().
- NxDestructibleActor::getPartTM() renamed to NxDestructibleActor::getChunkTM().
- IExplicitHierarchicalMesh::IConvexHull::reduceHull function removes vertices from a convex hull until the given limits are reached (after cooking).
- Added both the destructible actor pointer and the chunk index to the NxApexPhysX3Interface::setContactReportFlags() callback when PhysX 3.x shapes are created.
- APEX Clothing 1.2.3
- Removed support for the embedded 3x clothing solver on pre-Fermi GPUs.
- Added solver iteration count to VISUALIZE_CLOTHING_SOLVER_MODE debug rendering.
- Fixed an issue with clothing simulation when simulate(0) is called.
- Fixed a bug with normals for the case where assets have a significant amount of mesh-mesh skinned vertices.
- Fixed a simulation bug where collision failed for vertices close to the cloth bounds.
- Fixed a race condition when a lot of actors of the same asset are switched on and off (manually or by lod).
- APEX Turbulence/Particles 1.2.3
- IOFX sprite rendering was reworked to allow writing sprite rendering data more efficiently. See the new NxUserRenderResourceManager::getSpriteTextureData() and NxUserRenderSpriteBuffer::writeTexture() callbacks and the new NxUserRenderSpriteTextureDesc.
- Added NxApexEmitterActor::getSimParticlesCount() to get the number of simulated particles. Works with BasicIOS and ParticleIOS.
- Added NxApexEmitterActor::getRateRange().
- Added ColorByVelocity IOFX modifier.
- Added includeVerticalDirection rotation modifier to control whether vertical speed affects rotation.
- Added getPose() and setPose() methods for NxHeatSourceActor.
NVIDIA APEX SDK 1.2.3 can be downloaded through Developer Support Center.
If you are experiencing troubles with account registration, please refer to our guide.