APEX SDK 1.2.2 update is now available for download.
Update: APEX SDK 1.2.3 released
New release features PhysX SDK 3.2.2 support, includes a bunch of bug-fixes and several new interesting features, like the ability to calculate static stress for destructible objects.
Updated authoring tools will follow.
|APEX SDK 1.2.2 – Release Notes|
- APEX Framework 1.2.2
- APEX requires the use of the PhysX 3.x scene multiple-reader-single-writer lock to access both APEX and PhysX scene objects when using the PxSceneFlag::eREQUIRE_RW_LOCK flag. This allows the application using APEX to access PhysX objects from multiple threads.
- APEX Destruction 1.2.2
- Option to include use of stress solver in destructibles. The stress solver attempts to detect and break off chunks deemed to be overly-strained.
- Introduced a new parameter struct “StrutureSettings” in the destructible actor. Parameters that make up “StructureSettings” affect all actors’ settings structure-wide.
- New parameters “useStressSolver”, “stressSolverTimeDelay” and “stressSolverMassThreshold” introduced for the stress solver.
- Option to remove all T-junctions from a fractured mesh. This allows post-processing such as deformation to be applied (for example in a DCC tool).
- Ability to control the interior materials used when fracturing selected chunks.
- Ability to add noise to the perimeter faces of cutout chunks.
- APEX Clothing 1.2.2
- New ClothingMeshSkinningMap API to get mesh skinning information, so it can be done in the application.
- New API to add collision objects to a clothing actor. This can be used to implement collision with world objects.
- APEX Turbulence/Particles 1.2.2
- Added Turbulence Heat Source assets and actors instead of them being only part of the Turbulence module C++ API.
- Added setEnabled API to JetFS and AttractorFS to enable/disable a field sampler actor at runtime.
- BasicIOS: Added NxParameterized collisionWithConvexMesh and collisionWithTriangleMesh to BasicOS to enable/disable different shape collision.
- Added fluidViscosity to TurbulenceFS.
- Added 64bit collision filtering between the ParticleIOS (PhysX 3.x particles) and APEX Field Samplers (in the fieldSamplerFilterData member of ParticleIosAssetParam).
- Changed grid resolution type to an enum. Before it was a float, so it was possible to set invalid values that would cause errors.
- Particle rendering is now done with a single render buffer for non-interop and a double render buffer for D3D-CUDA interop. Previously it was always double buffered and possibly triple buffered for interop.
- EditorWidgets: Flipped “Life Remaining” axes to show “Life Time” instead, based on user feedback.
NVIDIA APEX SDK 1.2.2 can be downloaded through Developer Support Center.
If you are experiencing troubles with account registration, please refer to our guide.