Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: AGEIA PPU no longer supporter by nvidia with latest driver!!!  (Read 7077 times)
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:12:02 am »

Hi everyone,

I would like to let you know that the AGEAI PPU 128MB PCI & PCI-E are no longer support by nvidia altough the driver description of their latest (9.09.1112) driver say so.
This looks to me like false representation / false advertising since in the "Supported product" of the NVIDIA PhysX driver they say "AGEIA PhysX Processors (All)".

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 05:17:42 am »

Here is the official respond from nvidia support that confirms that:

===========================================================================
=== 2 nd answer
To: @hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:11:21 -0700
Subject: Hi, I would like to know how to enable my ASUS AGEIA PhysX PPU on my computer... [Incident: 100313-000057]

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Please be aware that this incident will be automatically closed if we do not hear back from you within 72 hours. But if you still need help, simply reply to this email at any time and your incident will be re-opened and you will be assisted further.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject
Hi, I would like to know how to enable my ASUS AGEIA PhysX PPU on my computer...

Discussion Thread
 Response (Ray) 03/18/2010 04:11 PM
Hello Ben,

The cases was escalated to me. The current PhysX driver unfortunately does not support Aegia PPU hardware which you're already aware. Support for Aegia PPU ended after the 8.xx.xx driver but like you we've receive other users asking to include support in current PhysX releases. There are discussions to release a stand-along PhysX driver that will support Aegia PPU but that is still in discussion and I'm unable to get any confirmation or schedule. I can certainly update you if this changes or you can check back with us in a couple of months. Unfortunately we don't know anymore at this point.
-Ray
 Response (Anupama) 03/18/2010 06:24 AM
Hello Ben,

Thank you for the update.

Your case is being escalated to our Level 2 Tech Support group. The Level 2 agents will have to review your case notes. As this process may take some time we ask that you be patient and a Level 2 tech will contact you as soon they can to assist you with your issue.

Best Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care

Question Reference #100313-000057
Product Level 1:  PhysX
Category Level 1:  Product Information
Date Created:  03/13/2010 05:49 PM
Last Updated:  03/18/2010 04:11 PM
Choose OS:  Microsoft XP 32bit
Product Name:  ASUS AGEIA PhysX PPU
Driver Version:  196.21 (PhysX 9.09.1112)

[---001:001589:28541---]

=== 1 st answer
To: 666@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:54:36 -0700
Subject: Hi, I would like to know how to enable my ASUS AGEIA PhysX PPU on my computer... [Incident: 100313-000057]

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Please be aware that this incident will be automatically closed if we do not hear back from you within 72 hours. But if you still need help, simply reply to this email at any time and your incident will be re-opened and you will be assisted further.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject
Hi, I would like to know how to enable my ASUS AGEIA PhysX PPU on my computer...

Discussion Thread
 Response (Anupama) 03/15/2010 01:54 PM
Hello Ben,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

This is Anupama and I will be assisting you regarding your issue.

I understand that you would like to know about enabling PhysX PPU.

With the latest NVIDIA drivers you will be able to enable the PhysX option within the NVIDIA Control Panel. Please find the link below to find the steps for enabling the PhysX.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/?menu=browser&article_id=673911&image_id=966557

Please feel free to contact us for any further clarifications.

Regards,
Anupama Innocent,
NVIDIA Customer Care
 Customer (Ben St-pierre) 03/13/2010 05:49 PM
Hi,

I would like to know how to enable my ASUS AGEIA PhysX PPU on my computer.
I'm using this PPU with a 9800gx2 on a ASUS A8N32-SLi with WindowsXP SP3 32bit.
Normally I used to enable the Ageia PPU with the "PhysXCplUI.exe" that I used to find in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PhysXCplUI.exe"... but with the latest version of the nvidia driver/physx driver I can no longer find it.
SO HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ENABLE MY PHYSX PPU IF THE "PhysXCplUI.exe" IS NO LONGER THERE???

I'm waiting for your answer ASAP!
Regars,
Ben

Question Reference #100313-000057
Product Level 1:  PhysX
Category Level 1:  Product Information
Date Created:  03/13/2010 05:49 PM
Last Updated:  03/15/2010 01:54 PM
Choose OS:  Microsoft XP 32bit
Product Name:  ASUS AGEIA PhysX PPU
Driver Version:  196.21 (PhysX 9.09.1112)

[---001:001713:34920---]
mohawkade

Embrace your spark of madness!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:20:25 am »

Well I did a little tinkering and I can officially say that I've restored PPU support with the latest Nvidia drivers (and I'll add that compatibility between a GPU/PPU is a dream configuration!).

I'll be posting a "How To" walkthrough as soon as I'm able (possibly in video form...?)

OP: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
HD: Intel 80GB Solid State Drive (OS)
      1TB Hard Drive (Game Drive)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6, 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB, DDR3-1600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 x2 SLI
Audio: X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion Sound Card
PPU: BFG Ageia PhysX Card
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: