Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: getting displays to see ati card in physx setup after restart etc  (Read 5512 times)
stangflyer

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 12:01:19 am »

I have a 5970 as my main card on top pcie 16x slot. My gts 250 in second 16x slot. Both slots are full 16x. Physx is working fine.
Problem is when I put system in sleep or shutdown when I bring it back up either in sleep, restart or cold boot it does the displays on nvidia card. This is even when I do not have a display hooked up at all and just have a dvi in the card and hooked up to no display. (hidden display) or using the vga mode.

Is there a way to tell system which card should be used as main?
If I switch cards in pcie slots should that work?

I have a asus p6x58d premium mobo, 920 cpu, 5970,gts250 gpu.

Just trying to get system setup so that when I reboot or come out of sleep it recognizes my ati card because it doesn't see them at all. I then have to rearange everything.
Once done it all works fine till i reboot or put it in sleep.
Is it as easy as changing cards around in the pcie slots.

I am using the 10.3 ati drivers and the 257 driver that lets you use physx without mods.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for the reply!
stangflyer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 12:02:19 am »

Switching the cards in the pcie slots does not help.
I am pulling my hair out! I have spent 8-9 hrs researching this on the internet. I can't be the only one having this issue.

I can get physx to work on the gts 250 and use my 5970 for the graphics but the issue is that when I reboot or even go to sleep mode the pc loses the ati display and defaults to nvidia. I do not even have a nvidia display hooked up! So then I have no picture. I know there are alot of people on the forum using ati/nvidia hybrid.

Are you guys getting the display to stay on ati? Was there a fix you needed to do?
I am on the 257 nvidia drivers that enable physx. Are you guys on the mod?
I have not used the mod yet as I got the gts 250 4 days ago and all i have tried is the 257 drivers.

I am really looking for help here guys as I have been up till 2-3 am the last 3 days trying to get this to work!
stangflyer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 08:50:34 am »

Nobody has any ideas on this??  I have this same info posted on 5 diff forums that talk about the physx mod and not one reply on my problem!  Driving me crazy!
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:58:54 am »

Nobody has any ideas on this??
I personally don't have any  Undecided

I have this same info posted on 5 diff forums that talk about the physx mod and not one reply on my problem
You should try main forum for Hybrids - NGOHQ. Link#1, Link#2

PhysXInfo.com Team
stangflyer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 10:09:51 pm »

Thanks got it working!  Fix for me was not using S3 (sleep mode) but if I hibernate it works fine.  Go figure!! Huh Huh
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: