Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dark Void Benchmark?  (Read 6831 times)
mark076h

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:31:11 am »

You can only select the Low PhysX settings? or is it because you have to have a certain video card?

I am using 9800GX2 and 8800GS for dedicated PhysX?

Zogrim what setup do you use? maybe we just cant select the higher settings because of our video cards?
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:01:48 am »

Yes, you can select only low PhysX settings.
Thats because APEX Turbulence is not available for calculations on CPU, thus you can't compare High PhysX/Medium on GPU vs High/Medium on CPU, and it's pointless to include such options in benchmark

PhysXInfo.com Team
caveryis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 08:12:54 pm »

I have Win 7 64, i7 920, 3 GTX285's (3-way SLI w/physx Enabled) and the newest Nvidia Drivers (196.21). I have tried everything and I cannot get Dark Void to use the Hardware Physx. I downloaded & Installed the physx patch, but nothing seems to change. I do have the Physx option in the menu now, but the effects still don't seem to work in game.

As a test, I downloaded the the Physx Benchmark and that works fine. I see all of the extra debris particles & such, although performance seems slow for my hardware (i get an average of 18 fps). I enabled the Physx visual indicator and it says Physx > GPU but I expected better performance

When I enable the Physx visual Indicator in the game, it doesn't show up at all, and I get no effects. I've tried both the low & high settings.

Any other ideas?
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 09:23:02 pm »

First of all, are you shure that there is no PhysX effects ?
You won't be able to see debris without shooting a weapon, or smoke without jetpack (you'll aquire it after few levels)

Is PhysX system software installed properly ? Try to clear it with Driver Sweeper, and reinstall http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.1112.html. If you'll find something called "PhysX Game Software", delete it before reintallig PhysX drivers

Is you game copy legal ? (for example, pirate version of Batman: AA has like a half of PhysX content) Does PhysX patch applied correctly, without errors ?

PhysXInfo.com Team
caveryis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 09:41:57 pm »

It is a legit copy of the game. When I get home from work, I am going to use driver sweeper to clear everything out and reinstall the drivers and the game from scratch. I'll post an update when that's done.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: