Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PhysX @ CRYengine  (Read 1201 times)
planet1

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2017, 04:22:16 am »

Crytek has incorporated PhysX into their CRYENGINE v5.3 (before going bust  Tongue)

It's a bit sad now that Cloud Imperium Games have switched the engine of their one and only title from CryEngine to lumberyard. Roll Eyes

A Star Citizen featuring PhysX effects (firing on asteroids, smoke on atmospheric landing and fps stuff) would have definitely rocked the galaxy.  Embarrassed
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 02:16:03 pm »

I don't think Crytek has integrated PhysX for any of the GPU accelerated stuff - especially since they have some GPU particles of their own.

I'm pretty sure they want to cut development costs by eventually replacing their in-house solution by middleware one, and making developer experience more consistent with Unity and UE4 engines.

PhysXInfo.com Team
Hameedo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 01:47:39 pm »

I don't think Crytek has integrated PhysX for any of the GPU accelerated stuff - especially since they have some GPU particles of their own.
Crytek already implemented GPU PhysX in the game Warface.
planet1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 09:52:28 pm »

... listed on the mainpage and NVIDIA's PhysX game title list.

The chopper swirl effect looks imppresive  Shocked:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34c4ox5ShzE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34c4ox5ShzE</a>

Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 12:50:23 pm »

Crytek already implemented GPU PhysX in the game Warface.
I think that was mostly done by NVIDIA content creation team.

Nonetheless, current CryEngine integration only features CPU PhysX functionality.

PhysXInfo.com Team
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: