Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Apex Physx GRB's limit  (Read 713 times)
digitaldemolition

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:09:54 am »

So, I have wondered this for years. why does nvidia cap apex destructible scene memory to 256? and i really would like to know how to uncap this. i have come to the conclusion the code is inside of a dll file and i have attempted to recompile the apex sdk 1.2.1 for UDK many times over many years with different changes to different parts of the code. i have attempted to change the gpuAllocator and then the scene would  somewhat work but then bug out, both in UDK and and the destructible .exe file that was rebuilt inside of the apex sdk. could someone please tell me how i could uncap this code even if it has bad consequences? i am reduced to creating like 10 buildings due to the 256mb apex limit. i'm sure if i could achieve at least a 512 or 1024 mb increase that it would still work even if it is at a high MS and low FPS.
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:53:35 pm »

I dunno why are you still bothered with that UDK GRB solver at all, it is mostly scrapped now.

PhysXInfo.com Team
digitaldemolition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 07:23:32 pm »

Because i've been developing a video game with UDK for years by myself and i don't want to throw all my work away just for UE4 to have some particles and newer cuda compute flex stuff only. I have designed thousands of assets and a framework that if i got rid of now would just be stupid.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: