Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on The Witcher 3  (Read 3354 times)
joeyshorty2

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2015, 11:33:04 pm »

I was curious to see what some reactions are to The Witcher 3 and its VisualFX and physx effects are, now that its released.
Stefan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 06:19:20 pm »

Personally i don't plan to buy the game, but it appears to be another one that causes handbag fights between AMD and NVIDIA  Grin

Check out Roy@AMD

btw Titan X owners can redeem a free copy via GeForce experience.
joeyshorty2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 01:35:19 am »

Personally i don't plan to buy the game, but it appears to be another one that causes handbag fights between AMD and NVIDIA  Grin

Check out Roy@AMD

btw Titan X owners can redeem a free copy via GeForce experience.

Yeah, I've seen that. It's not like Mantle or TressFX works well if at all on an Nvidia card. Not bitching. I'm fine with it, just realize its basically the same thing.
joeyshorty2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 09:36:16 am »

Btw I can confirm Accelerated Physx. I've been messing with the game. I have seen some jumps on my second card especially when messing with cloth and destruction.
joeyshorty2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 12:38:08 am »

I'm kind of curious as how the physx works on Witcher 3 considering you put the boxed X for it on the main page. When I run the game it will use the second card. So are they doing something new with the engine where it will move calculations over to second card but its not considered accelerated?

Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 02:37:39 pm »

So are they doing something new with the engine where it will move calculations over to second card but its not considered accelerated?
I usually prefer to stay with definition: "the game is considered to be hardware accelerated, if precense of supported hardware adds a noticable difference in performance and/or quality (quantity) of physics effects or content"

I've played several parts of Witcher 3 with GPU acceleration enabled and disabled from drivers, and haven't noticed any real difference in performance or content (quantity of cloth objects, for example). Also, there is no option to switch acceleration from game settings.

Thus, I consider the game to be "CPU PhysX with extra VisualFX effects"
Similar way, you can sort of enable GPU acceleration in UE3 besed games by editing .ini files, but that won't make Mass Effect or Gears of War a GPU PhysX game.

PhysXInfo.com Team
joeyshorty2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 12:46:49 am »

Ah ok, that makes sense. So it acts kind of like the old Ageia cards use to.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: