Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nvidia Flex  (Read 7637 times)
Vojtech

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:39:23 am »

Hi everybody!

I just want to let you know, you can now test and play with nvidia FLEX if you download UE4 Flex branch. I just try on my GTX660ti and it works. Nice. Fun times ahead.
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:31:21 am »

Yep, NVIDIA is currently working on adding many of their GameWorks stuff to UE4, including Flex, WaveWorks, VXGI (those three are already working), HairWorks and TurfEffects (this two later) Cheesy

Also, there is a good GameWorks thread on UE4 forums to keep an eye on
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration

PhysXInfo.com Team
Vojtech

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:53:24 am »

Good thread indeed. Thats where i found out. And after two hours of playing with flex demo im amazed. I can some see obvious limitations (mostly due to "resolution" of particles ) and understandable compute demandingnes(?) but i still find it amazing. Watching all those particles behaving like that in real time is beautiful. I remembered my first time when i played with first version of realflow. Also stability of all this (ropes, rigid bodies and softbodies) together is REALLY good (you can literally make a not with those ropes :-).
Spets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:14:04 pm »

Just some confirmation that DC FLEX is still being worked on:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration&p=248636&viewfull=1#post248636

Edit:
The schedule for DX11 support (instead of CUDA) varies with the feature, and is determined by whether we are able to achieve the desired results with DX11. Already VXGI, HBAO+ support DX11, but FleX and WaveWorks are CUDA. I'm afraid I don't have exact dates for availability of DX11 on those features yet.

--Mike
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 05:13:26 pm »

Moreover:
"We are working on the DX Compute port, which will be the preferred implementation when it becomes available"

Source

PhysXInfo.com Team
Spets

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 07:43:00 am »

Moreover:
"We are working on the DX Compute port, which will be the preferred implementation when it becomes available"

Source

That's great news, the only issue I have at the moment with their DC VFX is not being able to use a dedicated card for compute.
I hope the DC version of FLEX and other modules like HairWorks can be designated to a dedicated card.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: