New version of Fluids
, open source large-scale fluid simulation solution that can utilize either CPU or GPU (CUDA), was released in December 2012.Fluids v.3 Features:
- Supports up to 8,000,000 particles (Fluids v.2 limited to 65536)
- Very fast GPU solution, with peak efficiency of 6,000,000 simulated particles per second.
- All calculations on the GPU (unlike Fluids v.2, which did CPU-only integration steps)
- Minimal use of PCI bus transfer
- Novel search algorithm, see the Methods page.
- Generic search allows 2x2x2, 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 neighborhood search for optimal performance
- Better memory management, with structure-of-arrays layout.
- Simplified code compared to Fluids v.2
- Simulation times reported interactively, and separated for each computation step.
- Capture video to disk (press tilde ` key)Fluids v.3
can be downloaded from official website