Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PhysX Fracture Maps  (Read 3886 times)
WinterT

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2012, 02:54:21 am »

For those of you that use PhysX is their any kind of pack that contains multiple fracture maps(broken bricks, shattered glass, ect)? By default we have to create our own image by hand in a program like photoshop and use that. I would think there would be a collection somewhere but maybe I'm wrong in thinking that.
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 04:02:39 pm »

I don't think you'll find a big collection of fracture maps anywhere, so you'll have to create your own by post-processing real images or just use procedural fracturing.

BTW, regarding your issue
http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/935024-PhysX-Fracture-Maps

Can not reproduce this with PhysXLab 1.2.1 and default fracture maps.

PhysXInfo.com Team
WinterT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 05:41:09 am »

Thanks for the feedback Zogrim. I'm starting to make my own collection for special patterns like, puzzles, broken glass, just about anything that can't be created using the physx settings easily. In regards to the issue I posted, it looks like the issue is resolved with that map and I think I figured out what the issue was. I didn't have pure black and white in the map. There were small portions that had gray that I couldn't really see probably. I adjusted the threshold, brightness, and contrast until it worked. Same process worked for other maps that were having the same issue in the 1.2 build. Its wacky that physx is so sensitive.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: