Poll
Question: Does it work for you?
Yes! - 0 (0%)
Naw - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hybrid PhysX Update Batman/Alice (ATi+nVidia) works finally!  (Read 10042 times)
16GHz

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:18:08 pm »

In case you didn't know Hybrid PhysX didn't work in Alice2, Batman2, or FluidMark 1.4/5, until now:

http://NgoHQ.com/graphic-cards/22136-how-to-fix-hybrid-physx-with-latest-physx-and-geforce-285-solved.html

Make sure to read instructions above when 1. run this file#1 before you install GeForce+PhysX
2.Direct Download file#2 here FREE

Proof it works HERE
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 03:07:56 pm »

I have noticed that topic as soon as it was posted, but I'm not sure of the solidity of proposed solution:

* Shady download. How is this mod exactly working? What is it doing to my system?
* Paid updates ?
* Content: how SDK 3.2 .dlls are supposed to help 2.8.4 PhysX games ?! And previously, afair, it was proposed to delete PhysXCooking.dll, harmless mesh conversion library ?
* Not approved by GenL
* No real benchmarks (without any mod, with 1.05 mod, with this one - with screens and graphs) and confirmations of its efficiency

Anyway, if you're its author - good luck with it  Smiley

PhysXInfo.com Team
16GHz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 03:05:12 am »

I can answer these, at least from what I gather from the thread:

*How is this mod exactly working?
>Similar to the old mod, but with updates that allow it to work with Batman, etc. The old one didn't work with new PhysX drivers since Nov. last year.

*Paid updates ?
>If you want to be notified of changes when new PhysX versions come out, will email, etc. to notify immediately. Supports continued development.

* Content: how SDK 3.2 .dlls are supposed to help 2.8.4 PhysX games ?!
>It contains both, do you know any PhysX3 demos to test? since FluidSandBox uses CUDA so that can't even be enabled on a nVidia+nVidia-dedicated-physX (non-hybrid) setup like Just Cause2's water/bokeh filter effects. I guess there's no way to tell if Hybrid works for 3.0 games then, yet. Arma3/BorderLands2/Hitman5 all use 2.84 so we should be good for this year though. Anyway, they finally multi-threaded v3 with SSE(AVX?) also, so CPU might finally be good enough, it was so lame that you could have a screaming six/quadcore system, top of the line, and still chug along with v2 without them dictating the hardware brandnames you run your games on. Freedom of choice is good.

* And previously, afair, it was proposed to delete PhysXCooking.dll, harmless mesh conversion library ?
>Latest file versions are installed in a central location (SS) Newer versions than even FluidSandbox has, keeps your system tidy with lower resource-usage, you just delete the games' cuda* and Physx* named files (except certain programs' PhysXcore as mentioned) and you will always be up to date without having to modify each game directory every time a new PhysX driver comes out. This allows you to copy games onto BluRays/DVDR-DLs to save HDD space.

* Not approved by GenL
>He was referring to Gordon1979's so called "1.06" mod, from a german thread on PCGH, unrelated to this. (that one used year old versions)

* No real benchmarks (without any mod, with 1.05 mod, with this one - with screens and graphs) and confirmations of its efficiency
>The faster the dedicated card, the more difference shows up, I got 1091, a new high on FluidMark1.3, but I would expect from 0-10% at the most from the new PhysX version 2.8.4.8 used in old games, but that is not really up to the mod creator, more nVidia. I saw someone post that BatmanAC went from 23-28avg FPS when ultramaxed settings are used going from CPU->GPU PhysX, but just being able to use the GPU should be at least an order of magnitude higher and could be up to ~50fps or so. I don't think people need screenshots to understand that would be better.
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:48:28 am »

So you, mr. P10-17000, and Gordon1979 are sort of competitors?
I remember you both arguing at NGOHQ (that was removed by Rege, unfortunately) about whose thread has more views.. calling names Grin

Anyway, I believe that PhysX SDK won't recognize those 2.8.4 and 3.2 folders you are creating under PSS installation, since 2.8.4, afaik, is using app id now to look for engine updates and SDK 3.x - only local files.
But I'll ask PhysX guys to be sure.

since FluidSandBox uses CUDA.. like Just Cause2
No, it is actually using default SPH solver, built into PhysX SDK 3.
As for demos to check, any PhysX SDK 3.x/APEX 1.2 release has samples included, which support GPU acceleration.

I don't think people need screenshots to understand that would be better.
They need screenshots and benchmarks to believe that your solution is actually working, in cases where 1.05 Hybrid Mod fails.

How about sending your "Hybridizer" to a hardware website for a review ? That will make your solution look thrustworthy and thus, will create necessary hype (and will work better than spamming threads at HardForum and Guru3D).

TweakTown, Fudzilla, PCGames Hardware - they all did reviews for the original GenL mod.

PhysXInfo.com Team
16GHz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 06:07:56 pm »

Gordon1979 stole code and didn't give credit on his thread.

It doesn't exactly create a 3.2 folder anymore in the latest version, and it has some workaround for 2.84. The proof is that it works. Don't tell anybody at nVidia or they'll break it again, this time for good probably.

FluidSandBox gives some CudaContextManager error about No dedicated CUDA GPU suggested. What folder in the SDK has those pre-compiled samples?

It was widely reported that FluidMark1.4/5 stopped working, but now it does, easy to test.

I am sure someone will find it, eventually. It is the top result on Google for relevant search terms already. I doubt if anyone cares anymore since it is not news other than for 2.84 titles. You can send it if you want.
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 06:47:06 pm »

16GHz
Don't tell anybody at nVidia
I won't, unless they'll read this forum/NGOHQ by themselves.

FluidSandBox gives some CudaContextManager error about No dedicated CUDA GPU suggested
Of course, GPU PhysX code is based on CUDA, you know)
And you can see that this error is reported by pxtask - subsystem in SDK 3, that manages CPU/GPU/SPU resources.

What folder in the SDK has those pre-compiled samples?
Usually, /bin/ folder

PhysXInfo.com Team
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: