Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Replace fan/cooler for an Ageia Phsyx Card  (Read 9025 times)
ki69

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2011, 12:41:39 am »

I need some help please.

Anyone know any cooler/fan that fit an BFG Ageia card? I have one and the fan is broken and i don?t know what model can i get.

The only result i find is an "Vantec Iceberg 5" but i cant?find it in ebay. Sad

If any one know other model easy to get from ebay that fits in the card, please help.

tks.
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:58:46 am »

I had Zalman VF900 on my Ageia card from ASUS - it fit without problems and worked perfectly  Smiley
However, dunno if BFG card has diffrent mounting holes pattern.

Here is from ASUS
http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/video/ageia-physx/asus_p1_card_front_nc_bg.jpg&1=1

Is yours similar ?

PhysXInfo.com Team
ki69

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:38:23 am »

Tks for the reply, my pcb is like this:

http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/articles_pagesprinter/bfgageia_physix_card,3.html

I see that is stuck in 2 points.

Other thing, i have a hd4870 and this casrd in w7 x64, what drivers do i need to get physx working? I read that nvidia disable if detect a non Nvidia card on the system, e read some things abaout hibrid physx, do i need to have a Nvidea card or even if limited, i should get my ageia to work or simply get rid of it from my system.

Sorry about the noob questions.
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:22:31 pm »

Tks for the reply, my pcb is like this
I know how BFG boards looks like, in general, but I was not able to find a picture with a clear view mounting holes.

So you gonna check it manually, if the pattern is equal as on ASUS bard - many VGA coolers will fit, I can assure you, if it is different - I'm not a helper here.

what drivers do i need to get physx working?
You can try this guide
http://physxinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=120.0
However I dunno how it will work with AMD card in the system.

Meanwhile, if you are not planning to use your PPU to play some old exclusive PhysX games (Switchball, Cellfactor, Stoked Rider, etc) I would suggest to get rid of it for sure.
Hybrid PhysX is far more effective.

PhysXInfo.com Team
ki69

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:26:24 pm »

Tks por the help.

Maybe is not worth to buy a new fan. I will wait to find a cheap second hand cooler and put the ageia in an old mobo.

My system is a C2Q 9450 with 6GB i have an an old hd 4870, what cheap GPU from you recomend to get a significant gain in Physx Games?

I have other problem because of my case the second slot have space for a smaller GPU than the ATI.

I don?t want anything fancy, just a GPU that do the job.

Tks again for all your help.

PS: I check 9600GT/GT220/GT240 and even gt210 and gt 230 like this ones:

http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/hardware/30106/sparkle-adding-pcie-x1-geforce-210-gt-220-and-gt-240-cards-its-offer

thats the diference from 512MB to 1GB of GPU is an important performance factor, or the cores are the realy engine of the card (i?m talking only for physx)
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:45:11 am »

Something like GTS 250/450 would be the best choise but 8800GT, 9600GT or GT 240 will fit for most games.
I would not recommend to be tempted by cheap ultra-low-end GPUs, they won't do the job.

Here is nice article (Russian, but graphs will say all) with lots of benchmarks
http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/41183_4/NVIDIA_PhysX_ot_A_do_Ya.html

Amount of memory does not mutter much, it only must be not less than 256 mb

PhysXInfo.com Team
ki69

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 03:25:21 am »

Tks very mutch, i sure will take a look at that!

Regards
mohawkade

Embrace your spark of madness!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 09:20:57 am »

It seems the fans breaking down is a fairly common problem, luckily the fans themselves are fairly inexpensive. Just look for 45mm 2pin fans on ebay or your favorite shopping site. Going price varies between $2 - $10.

OP: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
HD: Intel 80GB Solid State Drive (OS)
      1TB Hard Drive (Game Drive)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6, 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB, DDR3-1600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 x2 SLI
Audio: X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion Sound Card
PPU: BFG Ageia PhysX Card
joeyshorty2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 08:10:47 pm »

Yeah, I recently gave my friend who is running an AMD system my old physx card so he could run a few of his games with physx pretty easily(Arkham Asylum, Mirror's Edge, UT3), but the fan started squeaking really bad. So he replaced the fan and it was actually really easy.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: