Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I have tried to do ageia physx thing..  (Read 4910 times)
madmike32

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:04:19 pm »

Hi everyone.
I have tried to do the ageia physx bit but somehow it didn't seem to work..I must have done something wrong.
I have just uninstalled and then put nvidia's physx driver 8.09 again.. and getting annoyed I can't get Ageia physx card working.
It lights up blue when the pc starts up...as soon as windows is up and running the blue light go's out.
I then go into nvidia physx propperties and then if i click reset ageia ppu..it resets and light comes on..If i click nvidia panel off the light go's off again :-(..if i run fluid mark it does not mention physx hardware :-(.
I wonder if it is possible for someone who has done the modification of files could do me the biggest favour ever and add me to msn/windows live messenger and take control of my computer and do it for me?  as then I could get to see where I went wrong hopefully and note that down for the future too..as I so want my ageia card to work...and its doing my head in as can't figure out what I did wrong .
I have the 3 files on my desktop ready :-)
madmike32@hotmail.co.uk

Please can someone help me out as I want to see my light on my agiea phsyx card on all the time :-) and know its hardware accelerating again like it did in windows xp a while back :-).
Thanks
Mike
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 10:13:16 pm »

You followed this guide, right ?
Have you tried other applications to verify that your PPU is not working (cause what you see may be "Quiet Mode" - PPU power saving feature), like built-in Ageia test, or maybe some games ? 3DMark Vantage ?

Other than that, can't say much - maybe PPU owners here will be able to help you.

PhysXInfo.com Team
madmike32

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:29:41 pm »

Yes I followed that guide... maybe I made a mistake somewhere :-( but not sure how I did.
Yep tested it and it was not shown :-(
mohawkade

Embrace your spark of madness!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:24:55 am »

Judging by your description of how your PPU lights up, you own a BFG model.

A nice feature about that model is that it only lights up when in use, whether playing a game or viewing a demo. Otherwise when idle (not using an application using PhysX), the PPU remains off.

Essentially you're saving power, as the BFG PPU only activates when needed.

(Whereas, if you own an ASUS PPU, that model does not have any lights and the fans spin constantly.)

Play an old PhysX game or Demo and see if it lights up, if it does, you've done everything right. If not, then this is an issue we need to assess.

OP: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
HD: Intel 80GB Solid State Drive (OS)
      1TB Hard Drive (Game Drive)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6, 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB, DDR3-1600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 x2 SLI
Audio: X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion Sound Card
PPU: BFG Ageia PhysX Card
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: