Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Attachments  (Read 5208 times)
AquaGeneral

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 04:27:49 am »

Since we are at the stage of establishing guidelines on the Wiki, I was wondering how attachments should be handled.

Should they be uploaded directly to the Wiki (at the moment it doesn't support file types other than images)? Or should they be hosted externally?

I currently am waiting on uploading a 500 KB Zip file for the PhysX Fluid Demo Modding Guide.

Intel Core i7 2600K | GeForce GTX 570 | 8GB of RAM | Windows 7 64-bit
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:48:02 am »

Should they be uploaded directly to the Wiki (at the moment it doesn't support file types other than images)?
You can specify which file formats can be uploaded. I'll add .rar and .zip to that list.

Upd: done.

You can use [[File:test.zip]] to display it as attachment or [[Media:test.zip|Test]] for direct link to file

PhysXInfo.com Team
AquaGeneral

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 01:58:56 pm »

Thanks Zogrim Smiley

It doesn't seem to like me uploading a .zip. I get a "Files of the MIME type "application/zip" are not allowed to be uploaded." error. I have tried a zip created with 7-Zip and PeaZip, and none them worked.

However I was successful at uploading a .rar file. I then had another try at uploading a .zip, but once again with no luck.

Intel Core i7 2600K | GeForce GTX 570 | 8GB of RAM | Windows 7 64-bit
Zogrim
Administrator

Expert Scrounger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:19:17 pm »

It doesn't seem to like me uploading a .zip.
Yes, it seems like .zip is blacklisted (in addition to it is not enabled) by default as potentially dangerous. Let's leave it to .rar only then

PhysXInfo.com Team
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: